Transport plane crash in Russia’s Far East kills 11August 9th, 2011 - 7:31 pm ICT by BNO News
MOSCOW, RUSSIA (BNO NEWS) — At least 11 people died after a Russian cargo plane crashed on Tuesday, officials said.
An Antonov-12 transport plane was en route from Magadan to Chukotka in Russia’s Far East, carrying nine crew members, two passengers, and 16 metric tons of food, state-run RIA Novosti reported.
At 7:34 a.m. local time, the four-engine aircraft disappeared from radar screens, some 300 kilometers (186 miles) from its take off point, moments after it had reported a fire in one of its engine due to a fuel leakage.
The federal aviation agency deployed helicopter and search and rescue teams, but it struggled with the thick fog in the area of the crash. The aircraft was later found near a gold and silver mine in the Omsukcha district of Russia’s Magadan region.
- 11 die as cargo plane crashes in Russia - Aug 09, 2011
- Six killed in Antonov An-148 plane crash in Russia - Mar 05, 2011
- Six dead in southern Russia plane crash - Mar 06, 2011
- Passenger plane crashes in Russia's Far East, killing 10 - Sep 13, 2012
- Angara passenger plane crashes in Siberia, killing 5 - Jul 11, 2011
- Large passenger plane crashes near Domodedovo airport in Moscow, no deaths - Mar 22, 2010
- 10 die in Russian plane crash - Sep 12, 2012
- Russia helicopter crash kills three - Jul 25, 2011
- Russian military to use civilian planes - Apr 03, 2012
- Passenger plane carrying ice hockey team crashes in western Russia, killing 43 - Sep 07, 2011
- 12 die in Russian military plane crash (Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Small passenger plane crashes in eastern Canada, killing 4 - Jan 12, 2012
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Six die in plane-crash in Russia - Mar 05, 2011
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,