Tornado warning for northern FloridaMarch 12th, 2010 - 12:43 am ICT by BNO News
MELBOURNE, FLORIDA (BNO NEWS) – A tornado warning was issued on Thursday by the National Weather Service for areas in northern Florida.
Residents of North Lake County and North Volusia County, which include the cities of Daytona, Port Orange, Pierson, Ormond Beach, Holly Hill, De Leon Springs, Deland, and Barberville, should monitor local weather conditions and prepare for the possible tornado.
It is recommended to keep away from windows if you are caught indoors, considering that the safest place to be during a tornado is in a strong building on the lowest floor, and in an interior room such as a bathroom or closet, the weather service advised.
Strong thunderstorms are also likely to hit the central and northeast area of Florida as there is a ninety percent chance of rain with as much as two to five inches of rainfall expected.
- Escambia County Florida And Alabama:TORNADO WARNING - Apr 01, 2009
- Deadliest tornado in US history claims 44 lives - Apr 18, 2011
- NWS issues tornado warning for Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties in California - Jan 21, 2010
- Thunderstorm briefly prompts New York City tornado warning - Aug 28, 2011
- The Probability Of Shark Attacks On Sundays Is Extremely Strong - May 28, 2010
- Tornado warnings in effect as large tornado moves near Valley Park, Mississippi - Apr 25, 2010
- Orange County Tornado Brings Life To A Standstill - Jan 20, 2010
- North Carolina Governor declares Severe Weather Awareness Week, Feb. 28 - March 6 - Feb 26, 2010
- 13 die as fresh tornadoes hit three US states - May 26, 2011
- Tornadoes sweep through south US, 17 dead - Apr 16, 2011
- Tornado warnings in effect as 'large and extremely dangerous' tornado moves near western Mississippi - Apr 25, 2010
- Tornadoes touch down in Contra Costa County, California - Jan 24, 2010
- Storms kill at least 47 across US - Apr 18, 2011
- Tornado Warning Withdrawn In Phoenix - Jan 22, 2010
- Tornado Warning Issued For Santa Clara, Withdrawn After No Sighting - Jan 21, 2010
Tags: barberville, bno, chance of rain, daytona, de leon springs, florida residents, holly hill, interior room, local weather conditions, melbourne florida, national weather service, north lake county, northern florida, ormond beach, pierson, port orange, rainfall, thunderstorms, tornado warning, volusia county