Tornado Hits Dallas, No Serious Damage ReportedSeptember 9th, 2010 - 7:03 pm ICT by GD
BY Gina Gomez
Sep 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A slew of tornadoes triggered by the remnants of the Tropical Storm Hermine gushed through the Dallas area on Wednesday, according to reports. Tornado funnels started emerging from the Ellis County of Ferris and then moved towards the northeast region of Seagoville. Weather forecasters revealed that tornadoes also touched down the east, south and North of Dallas. No reports of injuries and casualties have been reported as of yet.
Sources revealed that one of the Tornadoes that hit the Dallas area was the driving force behind slamming a tractor-trailer rig into a brick-paint ware house thereby toppling the building onto the cab. The driver was alert enough to escape from the vehicle and was taken to a nearby hospital after suffering minor injuries. He was later released. At least five Dallas businesses were partially damaged due to the tornado fiasco with one of the warehouse sustaining a collapsed roof.
Although no serious damage has been reported in the Dallas area, the remnants of the Tropical Storm Hermine ran havoc in the southern region of Oklahoma, killing at least two people. The low lying pockets of Arlington submerged under the water as heavy flooding was reported in the northern Texas region. Fire fighters battled it hard to help out the residents of Arlington who got stranded in their residents due to the murky water that overflowed the floors of their building. Heavy evacuations and road closures were the order of the day. By mid afternoon most of the rainfall had tapered off although the alarm bell hasn’t been put off by the forecasters as of yet. The residents of North Texas have been requested not to use the highways and to respect the barricades that has been laid across the roads.
- Texas Governor Perry issues disaster declaration for 40 counties affected by tropical storm Hermine - Sep 10, 2010
- Tropical Storm Hermine Weakens After It Hits Texas - Sep 08, 2010
- Tropical storm Hermine hits Texas & Mexico - Sep 08, 2010
- Tornadoes slam Texas - Apr 05, 2012
- 12 hurt as US flight hits turbulence - Apr 05, 2012
- Tropical Storm Hermine Makes Its Way Into Texas - Sep 07, 2010
- Tropical depression forming in the Atlantic, could become tropical storm Bonnie - Jul 22, 2010
- Hurricane watch issued for northeastern Mexico, Texas coasts as Tropical Storm Hermine strengthens - Sep 06, 2010
- Tropical storm Hermine forms, warning issued for south Texas - Sep 06, 2010
- Tropical storm Hermine forms, expected to make landfall on U.S.-Mexico coast - Sep 06, 2010
- Storms sweep US midwest - Apr 15, 2012
- 32 killed as tornadoes rip US (Third Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 4 killed in Branson Tornado - Feb 29, 2012
- Man films inside of a tornado in US - Oct 26, 2010
- At least 11 missing as tropical storm 'Falcon' hits Philippines - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: alarm bell, barricades, collapsed roof, dallas area, ellis county, evacuations, fire fighters, funnels, gina gomez, mid afternoon, minor injuries, murky water, nearby hospital, remnants, road closures, seagoville, tornadoes, tractor trailer rig, tropical storm hermine, weather forecasters