Tokyo Skytree opens to the publicMay 23rd, 2012 - 7:13 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Tokyo, May 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Tokyo Skytree, the tallest tower ever built, has opened to the public.
Tobu Tower Skytree Co., the skyscraper’s operator, expects that the opening of the tower will boost Tokyo’s economy, as they expect approximately 25 million people to visit the building and its adjacent shopping facilities every year. It has been estimated that over 200,000 people will visit the broadcast tower on its first day open to the public.
The 634-metre building is situated in the east of Japan’s capital. This tower for digital terrestrial broadcasting has two observation decks at 350 metres and at 450 metres. They will offer tourists and visitors with a 360-degree view of Tokyo and its surroundings. Over 8,000 visitors were expected to be the first who have experienced the incredible panorama view that this sightseeing tower can offer its visitors.
Last November, the Guiness World Records certified that the Tokyo Skytree is the world’s tallest tower, surpassing in March the height of China’s Canton Tower, another broadcasting and sightseeing tower. The height of Canton Tower is 600-metres, approximately 34 metres less than its Japanese Counterpart.
Nevertheless, the Tokyo Skytree is not the tallest structure in the world. According to Guinness, Dubai’s 828-metre Burj Khalifa in in the United Arab Emirates is the tallest building ever built.
- World's tallest TV tower to open for public - May 22, 2012
- China races to build world's second tallest skyscraper - Dec 28, 2011
- Saudi Arabia to build world's tallest building - Apr 16, 2011
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- Shanghai hotel aims to set height record - Dec 20, 2010
- China to get world's third tallest building - Jun 22, 2011
- Broadcasting Place Tower is the world's best tall building - Oct 25, 2010
- Construction of Beijing's tallest building starts - Sep 19, 2011
- French 'Spiderman' scales world's tallest tower in Dubai - Mar 29, 2011
- Observation deck of world's tallest skyscraper Burj Khalifa reopens - Apr 05, 2010
- World's Tallest Tower Burj Khalifa To Reopen Observatory Deck - Apr 05, 2010
- Indian sweat and toil helped Burj reach for the skies - Nov 23, 2009
- Tallest Building In The World, The Dubai Tower Is Set For Inauguration - Jan 04, 2010
- World's tallest tower 'Burj Khalifa' reopens - Apr 06, 2010
Tags: 360 degree view, broadcast tower, dubai, east of japan, guiness world records, guinness, japanese counterpart, khalifa, last november, observation decks, panorama view, sightseeing, skyscraper, surroundings, tallest building, tallest structure in the world, tallest tower, tokyo, tourists, united arab emirates