Toddler dies of heart attack after her head gets stuck in playhouseDecember 7th, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Essex, Dec 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An inquest into the death of Rhiya Malin has revealed that when she got her head stuck in the roof of her playhouse, her teachers missed it because they were chatting on mobile phones.
2 years old Malin died of heart attack following the incident. She was playing with other children outside when she lost control of her scooter and drove into the wooden playhouse structure. The incident was not detected earlier enough & it resulted in her death.
The nursery staff discovered that Malin was missing when the children were taken inside again after the break. When a search was conducted, her lifeless body was discovered hanging in the playhouse.
The inquest found out that at least two of the staff members were chatting away on the phone when the incident happened. When they were quizzed about whether it was right to spend time on the phone while on duty, one of the staff member, Miss Kaylee Murphy admitted that she know it was not right but never envisaged it could be dangerous.
A pathologist that conducted the post mortem on the body of Malin concluded that Malin died of “reflex cardiac arrest” which might have been caused by her neck being compressed.
Malin’s parents, Shatl and Jay have sued the owners of Eton Manor Children’s Day Nursery for complicity in her death.
- Toddler Dies Due To A Heart Attack As Her Head Gets Stuck Between The Windows Of A Playhouse - Dec 07, 2010
- British mom kills kids, spends night with bodies - Jun 19, 2012
- Sandra Bullock's baby Louis has his own iPad! - Jan 18, 2011
- Lingerie model dies while asleep - Aug 26, 2010
- 77 years old Aiden Cassidy rescued before mobility scooter blew up in flames - Aug 05, 2011
- Guess Who Is Jennifer Aniston's New Admirer? - Nov 22, 2010
- British mom stabs son, daughter to death - Nov 09, 2011
- Newlywed found stabbed to death in wedding dress - May 15, 2012
- Pregnant Pakistani woman killed by in-laws in Britain - Apr 25, 2012
- British mother jailed after son drowns in bathtub - Jul 31, 2012
- Briton slashes own throat live on internet - Dec 02, 2011
- 'B' for bomb, 'ch' for chaku...in UP school books - Apr 26, 2012
- Brit man drowns in bath as wife cheats on him with stepson in hotel - Jan 26, 2011
- Rape kit plan for cruise ships to help preserve evidence from crime scenes - Aug 31, 2010
- US girl made to 'run to death' over candy bar - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: cardiac arrest, complicity, day nursery, essex, heart attack, inquest, kaylee, lifeless body, mobile phones, nursery staff, parents, pathologist, playhouse, post mortem, scooter, staff member, staff members