Today is the 22nd assassination anniversary of John F. KennedyNovember 22nd, 2011 - 10:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Today (the 22nd of November 2011) marks the 48th anniversary of the assassination of former US President John F. Kennedy. JFK, as he has become popularly known, was gunned down during a rally through the Dealey Plaza in Dallas on the 22nd of November 1963.
The president was in the convoy with the First Lady Jackie Kennedy and Texas Governor John Connally when he was shot. The sole suspect of the assassination is Lee Harvey Oswald who was never fully tried because Jack Ruby killed him while he was still in custody.
Some people still believe the whole truth of the assassination of JFK is not fully known. There have been several conspiracy theories linked to his death. To mark the day, several somber events have been planned around the United States.
Former US Secret Service agent Gerald Blaine told the Voice of America that the assassination of JFK showed the lapse that existed in the security of the nation at that time. He blamed the lapse on the lack of manpower and logistics. He revealed that the security that was moving with the president on that day used signal to communicate instead of radio.
It is believed that Oswald fired the fatal shots from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository.
- Coffin of JFK's killer sold for $90,000 - Dec 18, 2010
- JFK hearse up for auction - Dec 20, 2011
- Tom Hanks to produce new Kennedy film - Aug 18, 2012
- Lee Harvey Oswald's Getaway Cab Auctioned In Texas For $35,750 - Jun 06, 2010
- No one will shoot me: JFK told secret service agents - Sep 20, 2011
- Rare footage that shows JFK's last night made public - Feb 23, 2011
- Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin sells for $87,469 - Dec 17, 2010
- List of suspects behind John F. Kennedy's assasination up for grabs - Dec 13, 2010
- JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin up for sale - Dec 02, 2010
- JFK told Secret Service to back off days before Dallas assassination - Oct 22, 2010
- DiCaprio to make film on John F. Kennedy - Nov 20, 2010
- After 47 yrs, Secret Service Agents break silence on JFK assassination - Nov 14, 2010
- US singer shoots naked where Kennedy was shot - Aug 17, 2010
- DiCaprio, father making film on Kennedy assassination - Nov 20, 2010
- Kennedy curse: A continual misfortune? - Aug 26, 2009
Tags: assassination of jfk, conspiracy theories, dealey plaza, fatal shots, governor john connally, jack ruby, jackie kennedy, john f kennedy, lee harvey oswald, november 1963, president john f kennedy, school book depository, secret service agent, sixth floor, sole suspect, texas governor, texas school book depository, us secret service, voice of america, whole truth