Three women killed during NATO operation in eastern AfghanistanApril 28th, 2012 - 1:09 am ICT by BNO News
SAYDABAD DISTRICT, AFGHANISTAN (BNO NEWS) — At least three women were killed Thursday during a clash between NATO-led forces and militants in eastern Afghanistan, officials said on Friday. It was not immediately clear who was responsible for the deaths.
A spokesman for the governor’s office said three women were killed and four others were injured when a rocket hit a house in the Chak-E district of Wardak province, which is located in eastern Afghanistan. It happened during a clash between militants and a joint Afghan-coalition security force.
The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) confirmed civilians were injured, but could not confirm the fatalities. “Reports indicate that civilians were injured during the engagement,” an ISAF spokesperson said. “An investigation is underway to determine the facts of the incident. Additional information will be released as appropriate.”
Meanwhile, ISAF said its forces captured an Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan facilitator during an operation in Wardak’s Saydabad district on Thursday. The multinational force did not indicate whether the operation was linked to the operation in Chak-E district. “The security force killed one insurgent and detained two additional insurgents,” ISAF said.
- Afghan-international force arrests Taliban sub-commander in central-east Afghanistan - Mar 15, 2010
- NATO helicopter crashes in Afghanistan - Aug 06, 2011
- Over 1,400 Haqqani fighters held in Afghanistan this year - Oct 10, 2011
- 38 soldiers die in Afghan chopper crash (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Turkish military helicopter crashes in Kabul, killing 16 - Mar 18, 2012
- 65 killed in Afghan military operations - Feb 20, 2011
- Afghanistan: Taliban commander behind NATO helicopter crash captured - Sep 17, 2012
- Three civilians among nine killed in Afghanistan - Aug 21, 2010
- Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crash - Jun 06, 2012
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
- Bombs kill five foreign troops in Afghanistan - Aug 31, 2010
- Three civilians among 13 killed in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010
- Two NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan blast - Jul 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Afghan protest over civilian killings - May 18, 2011
- 25 killed as insurgent attack foiled in Afghanistan - Oct 08, 2011
Tags: bno, chak, civilians, clash, deaths, eastern afghanistan, facilitator, insurgents, international security assistance, islamic movement of uzbekistan, militants, multinational force, nato, nato operation, security force, spokesman, spokesperson, three women