Three individuals arrested for New Jersey multimillion-dollar mortgage fraudFebruary 26th, 2010 - 1:07 am ICT by BNO News
MANHATTAN, NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) – Three individuals were arrested on charges related to a $3 million mortgage fraud scheme in Orange and East Orange, New Jersey, prosecutors announced on Wednesday.
Shaheid Bilal, Rhonda Payne, and Richard Britt allegedly submitted mortgage loan applications in the name of straw buyers and containing false information from 2005 to 2007. The defendants recruited the straw purchasers by paying them fees and telling them that they will not have to pay mortgage as the defendants would rent the properties and/or would make payments for several months.
The defendant distributed the fraudulent proceeds among themselves for their personal gain. They executed their fraud scheme in properties from Orange and East Orange, New Jersey.
Bilal, 33, of Lawrenceville, Georgia, supervised and coordinated the recruitment of straw purchasers and prepared the false documents and loan applications.
Payne, 36, of Queens, New York, recruited straw buyers and assisted in the production of the fraudulent papers.
Britt, 48, of McDonough, Georgia, assisted in the preparation of the fraudulent paperwork.
- Thriteen individuals indicted for $16.9 million mortgage fraud - Apr 13, 2010
- Michigan man pled guilty to multimillion dollar loan fraud - Mar 12, 2010
- Phoenix real estate agent pleads guilty for role in mortgage fraud scheme - Mar 19, 2010
- San Francisco, CA broker and real estate developer charged with $19.6m bank fraud - Feb 13, 2010
- Quincy, MA man sentenced for mortgage fraud - Feb 24, 2010
- Eastchester, NY lawyer indicted for role in multimillion-dollar mortgage fraud - Feb 18, 2010
- Four Florida residents charged in $6 million mortgage fraud scheme - Mar 17, 2010
- Augusta, GA, woman sentenced for mortgage fraud case - Mar 03, 2010
- Buffalo, NY woman sentenced for student loan fraud case - Feb 19, 2010
- Two Miami, FL mortgage fraudsters sentenced to 45 months in prison - Mar 05, 2010
- Former Grand Blanc, Michigan broker sentenced for multi-million dollar fraud - Feb 12, 2010
- Attorney Title Center's owner, employee and broker charged in fraud scheme in Florida - Apr 17, 2010
- Two Illinois men indicted for $56 million bank fraud - Apr 20, 2010
- Indo-Canadian MP faces criminal probe in mortgage fraud - May 14, 2010
- Pakistani charged with 14 criminal counts in Canada - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,