Thousands evacuated from the Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars over bomb threatSeptember 15th, 2010 - 3:20 am ICT by BNO News
PARIS (BNO NEWS) — The Eiffel Tower and the surrounding Champ de Mars were evacuated on late Tuesday evening after someone called in a bomb threat, police said.
The call came in just before 8.30 p.m. local time, a police spokesperson said. Shortly after, officials decided to evacuate the area that is normally filled with thousands of tourists.
Local BFM TV reported that some 2,500 people were evacuated from the area and said the city’s bomb squad was on scene to investigate. The Eiffel Tower was being searched floor by floor to find any suspicious objects, the channel added.
The channel earlier reported that the number evacuated was 25,000, but later revised that figure to 2,500.
- Tens of thousands evacuated from the Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars over bomb threat - Sep 15, 2010
- Eiffel Tower evacuated after bomb scare - Sep 15, 2010
- Eiffel Tower evacuated over bomb scare - Dec 10, 2011
- Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars Evacuated Due to Bomb Threat - Sep 15, 2010
- Police Reveal Eiffel Tower Bomb Scare Was A False Alarm - Sep 15, 2010
- Eiffel Tower evacuated after bomb threat - Sep 29, 2010
- Paris subway station evacuated after bomb scare - Sep 27, 2010
- Bomb scare in New York turns out be hoax - Jan 20, 2011
- Man jumps to death from Eiffel Tower - Jun 25, 2012
- Eiffel Tower reopens after bomb threat - Sep 15, 2010
- Paris station bomb alert turns out to be hoax (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Paris train station evacuated after bomb alert - Sep 27, 2010
- Sex toy causes bomb scare in Russian post office - Mar 15, 2011
- French 'Spiderman' Alain Robert briefly arrested after climbing Sydney skyscraper - Aug 31, 2010
- Syrian opposition flag unfurled at Eiffel Tower - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,