Thermal, California woman gets off with $6 during armed robberyMarch 10th, 2010 - 11:43 pm ICT by BNO News
THERMAL, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) — A woman armed with a semi-automatic handgun robbed a group of people at a Southern California shop on Tuesday, getting away with just $6, police said on Wednesday.
Deputies from the Indio Sheriff’s Station responded to La Chicanita Market in the unincorporated area of Riverside County known as Thermal at 2.56 p.m. local time.
According to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, a female suspect entered the store armed with a small semi-automatic handgun and confronted ten people inside, demanding cash from them. “As the suspect walked towards the exit door of the store, she met a patron entering the store,” said Deputy Herlinda Valenzuela, a spokesperson for the Riverside Sheriff’s Department. The woman pointed the weapon at the patron and made a demand for crash.
The suspect obtained approximately six dollars from the victims and left the location. She was last seen getting into the front passenger seat of an older, two-door vehicle, possibly a Honda. The vehicle was described as black with white spots.
The suspect was described as a 20 to 30 years old Hispanic female, wearing a jacket and a headdress over her head and face.
No one was injured during the robbery, and investigators are asking anyone with information to contact Deputy Macken at the Indio Sheriff’s Station at 760-863-8990.
- Woman Robber Gets $6 At Gunpoint - Mar 11, 2010
- Robber Holds Up 11 People At Gunpoint, Gets 6 Dollars - Mar 12, 2010
- Robber in California gets $6 - Mar 11, 2010
- Robber gets just $6 after threatening 11 people with a gun - Mar 11, 2010
- Robbery Attempt Foiled by Clerk With Samurai Sword - Jan 21, 2011
- Clarence Dupnik Suspects Arizona Shooter Had An Accomplice - Jan 09, 2011
- Gibson surrendered multiple weapons after domestic violence claim - Nov 13, 2010
- Arizona Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Posed With A Gun And G-String, Police Says - Jan 16, 2011
- Drunk SoCal Teacher Charged: Felony Child Endangerment - Mar 25, 2010
- Five Buddhist villagers killed in southern Thailand - Feb 04, 2011
- SoCal Teacher Arrested For Educating The Students Under A Condition Of Inebriation - Mar 25, 2010
- Youngstown Police Arrests The Suspects Of Frat House Shooting - Feb 07, 2011
- Grammy Nominated Rapper Ja Rule Pleades Guilty To Firearm Charge - Dec 14, 2010
- Granny, 73, ran US drug ring - Apr 14, 2012
- South California Teacher Arrested For Drunken Teaching - Mar 25, 2010
Tags: armed robbery, bno, california shop, california woman, deputies, handgun, headdress, hispanic female, indio, investigators, local time, macken, passenger seat, patron, riverside county sheriff, riverside sheriff, southern california, spokesperson, thermal california, unincorporated area