The Statue of Liberty Crown Reopens on 4th of JulyMay 9th, 2009 - 7:51 pm ICT by GD
On July 4th, 2009 the Statue of Liberty Crown in Ellis Island, will be once more opened to the public. The announcement of the re-opening of the Crown was exclusively made by Ken Salazar on the TODAY show. The Statue of Liberty is one of the most popular monuments in the world and the re-opening is expected to increase the inflow of tourists to Ellis Island.
Tickets for the Statue of Liberty are available on statueofliberty.org and statueoflibertytickets.com. Ferry Tickets for the Ellis Island are available on statueoflibertytickets.com. A visit to New York City entails a trip to the Ellis Island, which is a must see for tourists coming from all over the world. The extremely popular Statue of Liberty visits remained incomplete for the tourists who were not allowed to enter the Statue and go up to the Crown.
The restrictions were made following the 9/11 attacks. Now with the restrictions removed, tourists can once more enjoy the expansive 360-degree views from the pedestal observation deck and Ft. Wood. Statue of Liberty Facts The Statue was engineered by Gustave Eiffel, the architect of the world famous Eiffel Tower. Frederic Auguste Bartholdi sculpted the statue based on Eiffel’s ideas. The idea behind the Statue was conceived in 1865 at a dinner party.
It as intended as a gift to U.S from France. Construction however, began in 1875, and the original title was “Liberty Enlightening the World.”
- Man jumps to death from Eiffel Tower - Jun 25, 2012
- Lady Liberty statue reopened to freedom tourists - Jul 04, 2009
- New security plan for visitors to New York's Statue of Liberty delayed - Feb 17, 2011
- Statue of Liberty crown to reopen to tourists on July 4 - May 09, 2009
- Statue of Liberty will open for the public again on July 4th - Mar 25, 2009
- Statue of Liberty to be closed for security upgrade - Aug 10, 2010
- Orbit tower unveiled in London's Olympic park - May 12, 2012
- Obama Administration likely to reopen Statue of Liberty crown for public - Jan 24, 2009
- Statue Of Liberty Garment- everybody is searching - Jun 17, 2009
- Vandals deface Oslo's Little Angry Boy statue - May 13, 2012
- Reclining Eiffel Tower - a symbol of German industrial history (With Images) - Jul 06, 2011
- World's tallest statue of Jesus unveiled in Swiebodzin - Nov 22, 2010
- Statue of Liberty evacuated after fire scare - Jul 22, 2010
- No more than 5 minutes for visitors in Statue of Liberty's crown - May 11, 2009
- Poland to build world's largest Jesus Christ statue to attract tourist - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: 1865, 4th of july, 9 11 attacks, degree views, dinner party, eiffel tower, ellis island, ferry tickets, france construction, gustave eiffel, inflow, ken salazar, liberty enlightening the world, monuments, observation deck, pedestal, statue of liberty, statue of liberty facts, statueofliberty, tourists