The “Nemennah Band” and its absurd beliefsMay 16th, 2009 - 10:32 pm ICT by GD
The “Nemennah Band”, which is a small pseudo-religious group, has been making the headlines and hitting front pages of almost all of the leading newspapers off-late. What the “Nemennah Band”, has done to make the headlines is that, the religious group from Mussourie, has been currently keeping a young boy, suffering from cancer, from receiving a chemotherapy treatment, that could his life.
The boy who is a young lad of 13, was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which is a from a highly fatal but a curable cancerous disease, just recently. This 13 old boy is being denied medical treatment by his parents, who are members of the Nemennah Band, hence sharing their beliefs that no other kind of treatment other than natural remedies will be able to treat their son’s illness. But fortunately for the boy, the district judge of the Brown County, John Rodenberg does not agree with the beliefs of the cancer stricken boy’s parents. In the court case that was held in morning hours of 15th May, the district judge, overruling the parents’ objection arising from religious beliefs, made a statement that the boy had been, “medically neglected” for long, giving the orders, to immediately send the boy to the Child Protection Service (CPS), where he would be put through the necessary medical treatment.
This certainly comes as a good news of the boy, whose name is Daniel, as the medicine men, familiar such cases of cancer feels that, Daniel has 90% of surviving chances, provided he undergoes the necessary medical treatment without any further delay.
- Judge overrules Nemenah band devotees on Daniel Hauser medical treatment - May 16, 2009
- Link between breast implants and rare form of cancer confirmed - Apr 20, 2011
- Paraguayan president cleared of cancer - Jan 28, 2012
- Childhood cancer survivors 'at increased heart disease risk' - Dec 09, 2009
- Rosa performs with Blades, Guerra - Apr 02, 2012
- 'Junk' DNA behind cancer growth - May 03, 2010
- Michael C. Hall of 'Dexter' Beats Cancer! - Apr 27, 2010
- Seaweed extract may help treat lymphoma - Mar 11, 2010
- Long-term statin 'unlikely to increase cancer risk' - Nov 10, 2010
- Dexter's Michael C. Hall is wins his battle against cancer successfully - Apr 27, 2010
- Report says that 911 firefighters are getting cancer at a faster rate - Apr 04, 2011
- Cancer patients hope for children - with fertility preservation (Feature) - Mar 20, 2012
- Religious beliefs cause sick children to suffer - Aug 14, 2012
- Dexter star Michael C. Hall has 'fully recovered' from cancer - Apr 26, 2010
- India, China making inroads in biotech drugs: NYT - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: cancerous disease, chemotherapy, chemotherapy treatment, court case, cps, district judge, front pages, hodgkin s lymphoma, john rodenberg, lymphoma, medicine men, mussourie, natural remedies, necessary medical treatment, newspapers, objection, religious beliefs, religious group, suffering from cancer, young lad