The latest exhibition of 5-year-old art prodigy Aelita Andre opens to the publicJune 15th, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, June 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The work of young artist Aelita Andre reached prices as high as $12,900 in her latest solo show. The exhibition “Aelita Andre: Secret Universe”, which is currently taking place at New York’s Agora Gallery, features 22 artworks.
Andre’s works have been compared to those abstract figures like Jackson Pollock. The bright and playful colors of her work have made her an internationally recognized painter and the world’s youngest professional artist.
Nevertheless, she is just child who loves playing with toys but only those in shape of a unicorn. To carry out her work, she uses acrylics, creating large tableaux of abstract forms. Andre frequently incorporates a wide range of materials, including bark, twigs, toys, feathers, which as depth and texture to her works.
The Director of Agora Gallery, Angela Di Bello, has praised in several occasions Andre’s talent, insisting that her work is simply compelling, powerful, contemplative and brilliant.
The young artist sold all her artworks in just week during her 2011 exhibition show. Originally Russian, Aelita Andre currently lives with her parents in Melbourne, Australia. Her work already gained international attention at the age of two years.
- London art fair to highlight Husain's work - Feb 16, 2011
- Fake modern Indian art market fattens on budget buyers (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- Eight Bangladeshi artists interpret Tagore on canvas - May 16, 2011
- Czech painter Roman Tyc uses human ashes in his paintings - Sep 29, 2011
- At long last, Husain comes to Delhi (Feature, With Image) - Aug 06, 2011
- Western artists capture colours of India - Apr 19, 2010
- Presenting, 'master' Picasso with 'fan' Souza in East-West showcase (With Images) - Dec 19, 2011
- NGMA brings new age art stalwart Rebecca Horn to India (With Images) - Apr 05, 2012
- Sly exhibits paintings at St. Moritz art gallery - Feb 22, 2011
- Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre opens in Dhaka - Mar 12, 2010
- Once criticised, painter Tagore now aesthetic icon (With Images) - May 03, 2011
- Jehangir Sabavala, a modernist creator of tranquil scenes (Obit) - Sep 03, 2011
- Modern Bengal on canvas: Calcutta Painters return to Delhi - Dec 16, 2011
- Flowers in Indian art: temple motifs to contemporary sensuality (With Images) - Mar 15, 2012
- Thousands flock to modern Indian art show in Poland - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: abstract figures, abstract forms, aelita, agora gallery, art prodigy, artworks, exhibition, feathers, international attention, jackson pollock, melbourne australia, old art, professional artist, secret universe, solo show, tableaux, texture, twigs, unicorn, young artist