The Largest Cruise Terminal Of The World Open At Port EvergladesNovember 8th, 2009 - 7:47 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
South Florida, Nov.8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Friday witnessed the opening of the biggest ever cruise terminal in the world at Port Everglades. The event took place almost 7 days before the advent of the ‘Oasis of the Seas’, Royal Caribbean’s gigantic cruise liner. The event was marked by an awesome performance by the Royal Caribbean dancers. Phil Allen, the director of Port Everglades said that the cruise terminal 18 was made in time and within the estimated budget. He also said that Terminal 18 was built for dealing with luxury cruise liners like the Oasis series of ships.
The Terminal is spread over an area of 5.5 acres. The Royal Caribbean International CEO and president Adam Goldstein is full of praise for the efforts put in by the Port Everglades management and its director in expansion of the facility. The terminal is going to accommodate two huge sized luxury cruise liners named ‘Allure of the Seas’ and ‘Oasis of the Seas’. The estimated cost of the port expansion is $75 million. The gigantic terminal will easily accommodate over 54,000 guests as well as their belongings. The two ships will provide cruise services to almost 5,84,000 passengers annually.
Oasis of the Seas is scheduled to start its voyage from the next month. Its sibling ship will start operating in 2010. This is nothing short of a marvel of architecture on water. It is among the 21 top notch luxury liners of Royal Caribbean. The brand offers exotic sea tour packages in various continents and these two ships will consolidate its business in the coming days.
- World's biggest cruise ship 'Allure' set to sail - Sep 21, 2010
- Ship squeezes under bridge with 1.5 inch margin - Nov 01, 2010
- World's largest cruise liner begins maiden voyage - Oct 31, 2009
- 'Allure of the Seas' becomes biggest ship on earth by just 5mm - Oct 02, 2010
- Queen's cruise liner to stay in Dubai as floating hotel - Jul 03, 2012
- Carnival Splendor Left Stranded Near Coast Of Mexico - Nov 09, 2010
- Largest, costliest cruiser nearly ready for launch - Nov 04, 2009
- Cruise Ship In Antarctica Returning To Home Port Finally - Dec 10, 2010
- World's largest cruise ship embarks on US voyage - Oct 30, 2009
- Chinese city set to become major shipping hub - Jul 25, 2012
- Goa to attract ocean cruise liners - Apr 05, 2012
- Immigrants arrested who tried to enter US illegally abroad the Queen Mary 2 - May 12, 2011
- Three cargo ships damaged in collision - Oct 04, 2011
- Cruise ships attract 26,500 tourists to Dubai - Jun 24, 2010
- New stamps on 100th anniversary of Titanic disaster - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: adam goldstein, advent, allure, belongings, caribbean dancers, continents, cruise liner, cruise services, cruise terminal, luxury cruise liners, luxury liners, oasis, port everglades, port expansion, ranjan, royal caribbean international, sea tour, sibling, south florida, two ships