The Hit Squad Suspected Of Killing Mahmoud al-Mabhouh Yet To Be TracedFebruary 17th, 2010 - 9:10 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jerusalem, Feb 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Dubai is said to have started a global hunt for tracking the hit squad consisting of 11 members who killed Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, a Hamas Commander. The murder of the Hamas official took place in January this year, in Dubai. As per the information available from the Israeli security experts, the slain Hamas leader was involved in arms dealing. The hit squad members are likely to have fake European passports. The death of the Hamas leader has given birth to several theories as to what led to his killing. From the CCTV footage recorded by the security cameras it is evident that the team consists of one woman and 10 men. They sneaked into the room of the Al Bustan Rotana Hotel and killed the target when he came there.
The cops feel that the assassins got into the room of the Hamas leader using electronic devices. As per the investigations, they sneaked into the room around 8 p.m. The leader returned to his room around 8.25 p.m. It was only in the morning of the next day that his body could be located. The cops were a bit unsure regarding how the leader was killed. He could have been suffocated to death. Traces of electric shocks were also found on his corpse.
The Dubai police are of the opinion that out of the 11 suspects, three have Irish passports while six carry UK passports. The other two possess German and French passports respectively. No member of the squad has been caught by the cops so far but the hunt is on.
- Dubai to issue arrest warrant for Netanyahu if Mossad behind Hamas killing - Feb 06, 2010
- Hamas man's murder suspects went to US, Israel: police - Mar 01, 2010
- British police visit Israel to probe passport fraud - Feb 27, 2010
- Dubai Police accuses five UK passport holders of killing Hamas commander - Feb 16, 2010
- Dubai police call on Interpol to help arrest Mossad head for Hamas commander murder - Feb 19, 2010
- Britain to expel Israeli diplomat over Hamas killing - Mar 24, 2010
- Irish, Israeli foreign ministers to meet over Dubai death - Feb 21, 2010
- Dubai police identify more Hamas suspects - Feb 25, 2010
- Dubai police hunting for the hit squad that killed a Hamas leader - Feb 17, 2010
- Australia to expel Israeli diplomat over forged passports used in Hamas hit - May 24, 2010
- Mystery surrounds Hamas official's death after Dubai names 15 more suspects in case - Feb 25, 2010
- Mystery surrounds Hamas official's death after Dubai names 15 more suspects - Feb 25, 2010
- UAE concerned over release of Mossad agent - Aug 14, 2010
- Dubai issues warrants for 11 Europeans over Hamas killing - Feb 16, 2010
- Interpol issues 'Red Notices' in Hamas leader killing - Feb 19, 2010
Tags: al bustan rotana, al bustan rotana hotel, assassins, cops, corpse, dubai police, electric shocks, electronic devices, global hunt, hamas, hamas leader, investigations, israeli security, jerusalem, mahmoud, security cameras, security experts, squad members, target, uk passports