The biggest turkey mistakes that you need to avoid on ThanksgivingNovember 11th, 2010 - 9:08 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Thanksgiving is fast approaching and the constant challenge of producing a juicy turkey is near as well. There is always a very fine line between producing a juicy sumptuous turkey and producing a dry uninviting turkey. Few turkey mistakes are responsible for this and this article will try to make you aware of them so that you don’t end up fretting over the turkey at the Thanksgiving Dinner.
1. Buying the wrong turkey. The first step to preparing your turkey should start from choosing your bird. All turkeys are not equal. When buying the turkey, check from the label to ensure that the bird contains the proper percentage of solutions.
2. Buying a wrong sized turkey. Your turkey should be precisely adequate for the occasion. Buying a turkey that is too big for the gathering will lead to the waste of the bird and buying too tiny bird can be very embarrassing. It is proper to ensure that you know the number of people coming for the Thanksgiving and properly get a bird that can serve that purpose.
3. Stuffing the turkey wrongly. What makes stuffing your turkey tricky is that for the bird to be considered safe to eat, the internal temperature of the bird should reach 165°F. However if the bird is stuffed, that temperature cannot be reached quickly and that can lead to the burning of the turkey. You can consider baking the stuffing separately.
4. Wrong carving of the bird. Carving the turkey is not just about getting the meat from the bones. Ensure that you have some carving tips from books or from the Internet and follow to ensure that your guests appreciate your work fully.
5. Throwing the roasting pan into the sink too early. Many people do not realize that by throwing the roasting pan away immediately after roasting the turkey deprives them of great spices that can make great gravy.
- Tips To Avoid The Biggest Turkey Mistakes - Nov 11, 2010
- Avoiding the Season's Biggest Turkey Mistakes - Nov 11, 2010
- It's Time To Roast The Turkey! - Nov 25, 2010
- Tips To Cook A Turkey To Perfection On Thanksgiving - Nov 21, 2010
- Thanksgiving Dilemma Numero Uno: How Long To Cook A Turkey - Nov 25, 2010
- Christmas feast: Turkey takes centre stage at dinners in Goa - Dec 13, 2010
- Ina Garten's thanksgiving recipes are a hit - Nov 24, 2010
- Stuffing Recipes Create Buzz On The Web Before Thanksgiving - Nov 22, 2010
- Butterball Turkey Talkline Available For Turkey Cooking Without Fuss - Nov 25, 2010
- How To Cook Pumpkin Seeds In An Oven? Two Recipes As Answers - Oct 25, 2010
- Turkey Recipe Featured In Latest Google Doodle - Nov 24, 2010
- Exciting Traditional Turkey Stuffing Recipes For Thanksgiving - Nov 21, 2010
- Information on Brining turkeys - Nov 24, 2011
- Hotline Of Butterball Is Accessible Now For The Preparation Of Scrumptious Turkeys - Nov 25, 2010
- World's fattest mum eats 30,000-calorie Christmas feast in single sitting - Dec 27, 2010