Texas Stadium demolishedApril 12th, 2010 - 10:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Irving, Apr 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Texas Stadium was demolished with a ton of dynamite. The demolition had been planned for 6 months, and the person who set up the dynamite was none other than an 11-year-old boy. The Texas stadium was famous for having a ‘hole in the roof.’ It was the abode of the Dallas Cowboys since a long time, but 2 years earlier they had shifted lock, stock and barrel to the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.
Then the local authorities at Irving decided that they had a better use for the land on which the stadium was built, than for the ‘hole in roof’ stadium itself. So the demolition was planned and it was executed with out a glitch. The monumental stadium was reduced to debris in just seconds, courtesy the 1 ton of dynamite that was used in the demolition process. However the local authorities say that it would take them 4 months approximately to clear the debris.
There was a huge crowd there to watch as the stadium buckled to its knees. “It was much more emotional than I expected. I’m so glad that I had my family out there to hold my hand through it. I didn’t think I would be that much of a basket case about it. It was like saying goodbye to an old friend,” according to Pam Seal, who was a cheerleader in 1975. She drove all the way from North Mesquite to watch the demolition.
- Thousands Observe As The Texas Stadium Decimated - Apr 12, 2010
- Texas Stadium Blown Up - Apr 12, 2010
- Texas Stadium All Set For Implosion - Apr 11, 2010
- Black Eyed Peas to headline Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show - Nov 27, 2010
- Jerry Jones' Hopes Of Setting Super Bowl Attendance Record Dashed - Feb 07, 2011
- Contruction Issues Leaves Hundreds Of Super Bowl Fans Displaced At Cowboys Stadium - Feb 07, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas Set To Perform At Superbowl - Nov 27, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys' coaches injured and paralyzed by May 2009 roof collapse reach $34 million settlement - Aug 31, 2010
- Texas facing stripper shortage as Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV draws near - Jan 29, 2011
- Record Of The Highest Attendance At A Super Bowl Not Established On Sunday As A Result Of Construction Problems - Feb 07, 2011
- Arlington Gearing Up To Host Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Fans Gearing Up For Super Bowl Extravaganza - Feb 04, 2011
- Record snow in Texas, winter storms hit the Southeast - Feb 13, 2010
- Madieu Williams Bags Walter Payton Man Of The Year Award - Feb 07, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas Gives A Spectacular Performance In Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: 4 months, abode, basket case, cheerleader, crowd, dallas cowboys, debris, demolition, dynamite, glitch, hole in the roof, knees, local authorities, lock stock and barrel, long time, north mesquite, old friend, pam, texas stadium