Texas bar Owner charged with sex trafficking of minorsFebruary 12th, 2010 - 4:43 am ICT by BNO News
MCALLEN, TEXAS (BNO NEWS) – A Texas bar owner was indicted for sex trafficking minor females, U.S. Attorney Tim Johnson said Thursday.
Beleal Garcia-Gonzalez, 34, a Mexican national and resident of Mission, Texas was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers on January 13, 2010. He is supposedly the owner of a bar in Mission called “El Paraiso”.
Elizabeth Mendez-Vasquez, 22, and Maria Luisa Vaquez-Garcia, 19, both from Mexico illegally in the U.S., were also charged with conspiracy and three counts of harboring illegal aliens.
Garcia- Gonzalez is accused in three counts of knowingly recruiting, enticing, harboring, transporting, providing, obtaining and maintaining a minor child under 18 years of age in reckless disregard of the fact that force, fraud and coercion would cause that minor to engage in a commercial sex act between November 2009 and Jan. 13, 2010.
Mendez-Vasquez and Vasquez-Garcia each face a sentence of up to 10 years in prison and a maximum fine of $250,000 if convicted of the conspiracy or harboring charges. Garcia-Gonzalez faces up to life imprisonment and a $250,000 fine if convicted of any one of the three sex trafficking charges.
“Because human traffickers pray on the most vulnerable,” said Jerry Robinette, special agent-in-charge of the ICE Office of Investigations in San Antonio, “ICE will continue to aggressively identify and assist victims of human trafficking and apprehend and present for prosecution those allegedly responsible.”
- Former Texas federal juror convicted of jury tampering - Mar 02, 2010
- Texas woman charged for kidnapping sheme of children from a school bus stop in North Carolina - Mar 11, 2010
- US indicts two for trafficking jaguar pelts - Aug 31, 2011
- Connecticut couple indicted for child sex trafficking - Mar 05, 2010
- Mexico extradites five fugitives to US - Jan 25, 2010
- U.S. arrests 'most wanted' fugitive at New York airport after extradition from Ukraine - Jan 28, 2011
- Delta employees arrested in Detroit airport for international drug smuggling - Apr 29, 2011
- Two men arrested for illegal possession of machine guns in Texas - Mar 15, 2010
- Arlington, TX couple sentenced to 20 years for enslaving Nigerian woman over 8 years - Jun 05, 2010
- US agent accused of buying guns for Mexican cartels - Apr 13, 2012
- Two Indian Americans held for fake perfume trafficking - Dec 06, 2011
- Texas couple charged for practicing medicine without proper licenses and defrauding Medicaid - Mar 11, 2010
- Saudi man in US custody for terror plot - Feb 25, 2011
- Federal jury convicts Gulf Cartel associate in McAllen, TX - Jan 23, 2010
- Colombian court quashes lawsuit against Garcia Marquez - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: bar owner, bno, coercion, commercial sex, conspiracy, el paraiso, garcia gonzalez, human traffickers, illegal aliens, immigration and customs enforcement, life imprisonment, maria luisa, mcallen texas, prosecution, reckless disregard, robinette, sex act, sex trafficking, tim johnson, victims of human trafficking