Teacher Natalie Munroe defends blogFebruary 17th, 2011 - 1:08 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Pennsylvania, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN EWS) Teacher Natalie Munroe has defended her comments on a blog that seemed to abuse her students.
The 30-year-old teacher of Central Bucks East High School told ABC News that she doesn’t see anything wrong with what she did. She defended that most of the characters that she referenced in the blog were more of caricatures than real characters.
Though she seemed apologetic that the story on her blog “was taken out of context”, she insisted that she still holds on to whatever she said in the blog.
Some of the descriptions that she used on her students were; “A complete and utter jerk in all ways,” “although academically okay your child has no other redeeming qualities,” “out of control,” and “rude, lazy, disengaged whiners.”
When she was asked whether she wanted to hide her true identity by using ‘Natalie M.’ alias, she affirmed it and said that the blog had been there for almost a year and she was surprised that it was recently found.
Natalie was suspended after some strong comments about her students and other staff colleagues were found on her blog. She is currently on suspension with a pay. A disciplinary committee is investigating her behavior.
- Natalie Portman plays down the 'Black Swan' controversy - Apr 07, 2011
- Larry Crowne - Bland, stale, pointless (IANS Movie Review) - Jul 09, 2011
- It is Annette Bening vs. Julianne Moore for the Best Actress Oscar - Sep 22, 2010
- Cameron Diaz makes sure that 'Bad Teacher' lives up to its name - Jun 24, 2011
- Miley Cyrus defends Osbourne on Twitter - Nov 30, 2011
- Natalie Portman now a belly dancer - Apr 30, 2011
- Facebook comments leave 16 Chandigarh students suspended - Oct 07, 2010
- Actor in the Broadway production of 'Spiderman' injured - Dec 05, 2010
- Students expelled after Facebook campaign said they had sex - Jan 31, 2012
- 16 Indian students suspended after rude Facebook comments on teacher - Oct 10, 2010
- 'Stanley Ka Dabba' a wicked, poignant journey into a child's soul (IANS Movie Review) - May 13, 2011
- Portman gives birth to baby boy - Jun 15, 2011
- Winona Ryder Is Sorry For Abusing Natalie Portman - Nov 27, 2010
- 'Indescribably happy' Portman announces she's engaged and pregnant - Dec 28, 2010
- H&M defends 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' fashion line - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: abc news, alias, blog, caricatures, central bucks east, central bucks east high school, disciplinary committee, jerk, natalie, pennsylvania, redeeming qualities, staff colleagues, strong comments, true identity, whiners