Teacher Jennifer Leigh Rice Convicted of Sex With 10-Year OldApril 21st, 2009 - 5:18 pm ICT by GD
In 2007, Jennifer Leigh Rice was 31 and worked as a teacher at the McKinley Elementary School in Tacoma, WA. She was attentive to all her students, but a certain 10-year old student was especially interesting to her. She visited his house and then in July his exasperated father asked her to not visit the house any more. Yet on August 11, 2007, she took the boy from his home to a place more than 100 miles away and then had sex with him in a rest area on the highway. She later confessed that she had had sex with him four or five more times and even admitted to the fact that she had sneaked into his house to have sex with him even when his parents were sleeping in their bedroom. She also had sex with his then 15 year old brother in July 2007.
Recently Judge D. Gary Steiner convicted Rice, now 33, of first degree kidnapping with sexual intention, first degree child molestation and two counts of third degree child rape. She may face up to 25 years in prison and has been remanded to custody till her June 5th sentencing.
This is the latest in the recent spate of sexual relationships between teachers and students. One of the first among these scandals that received much hype was the case of Mary Kay Letourneau who had established sexual relationship with her 12 year old student Vili Fualaau and bore him two children. She was convicted of statutory rape and went to jail to serve her sentence. When she was released Vili asked for the no-contact order to be lifted and then went on to marry her.
- The Curious Case of Mary Kay Letourneau And Vili Fualaau - Apr 15, 2009
- Ex-Tacoma teacher found guilty of raping two boys - Apr 21, 2009
- Mary Kay Letourneau's Story Airs On TV - Nov 04, 2009
- US teacher accused of having sex with students - Aug 21, 2012
- Indian-American teacher heads to jail for sex with minor - Jul 24, 2012
- Denver Broncos Wide Receiver Kenny McKinley Found Dead In His Apartment - Sep 21, 2010
- I did not kill Kercher: Knox tells court - Oct 03, 2011
- Italian teacher held for giving passing grades for sex - Jun 28, 2012
- British boy, 12, jailed for raping two girls - Jul 14, 2012
- Man sentenced to death for raping nine in China - Feb 01, 2011
- British soldier jailed for rape - Mar 10, 2012
- Former Swedish police chief sentenced to prison for rapes - Jul 30, 2010
- Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals rape conviction - Apr 19, 2011
- Australian man raped woman for 13 hours - May 11, 2011
- Pune rape, murder convicts get death sentence - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: august 11, child molestation, child rape, degree kidnapping, first degree, fualaau, gary steiner, hype, intention, jennifer leigh, mary kay letourneau, mckinley elementary school, rest area, scandals, sexual relationship, sexual relationships, spate, statutory rape, tacoma wa, third degree