Taylor Zimmerman Dies After Being Struck By LightningJuly 22nd, 2009 - 6:39 pm ICT by GD
In a tragic incident, Taylor Zimmerman, a 14 year old girl, who wanted to enjoy the warm summer water rain was reportedly struck by lightning on Tuesday and was rushed to the hospital. Reports suggested that the girl died within hours after being struck by the lightning.
Taylor Zimmerman had just changed into her swim suit at her home as thunder storms rolled into the Twin Cities at around 3 p.m. According to the sources, Zimmerman was accompanied by a friend, who hesitated on the porch as the 14 year old girl ran into the rain, urging her friend to join her as well. As the rain tumbled upon, Zimmerman apparently took shelter under a considerably large tree in her front yard.
Suddenly there was a huge ‘boom’ that rocked the entire area. Neighbors say that their houses shook as though they had been hit by a truck. The investigating officers said that the lightning that had caused the death of Zimmerman actually coursed through the tree and knocked the little girl down.
“The lightning turned red when it hit the tree, and you saw all this stuff flying,” said next door neighbor Mary Ridgway, who was working on her computer as she saw the lightning being struck at the tree. However, she said that a covered swing set blocked her view of the tree’s base, where Zimmerman supposedly fell down after being hit by the monstrous lightning on Tuesday.
Stillwater police Sgt. Chris Felsch said that Zimmerman’s mother, identified as Kristal Ann Zimmerman was present at the scene and left her unconscious daughter in the ambulance. The neighbors said that the girl had two younger sisters and that the family had just moved into the house a few months ago.
- Lightening kills four in UP - Apr 06, 2012
- Storm kills three, damages many houses in Tripura - Apr 08, 2012
- Facebook Prank Leads To Suspension - Feb 10, 2011
- New York Rattled By Severe Storm - Sep 17, 2010
- Summer rains bring relief to northern India (Roundup) - May 22, 2011
- Green River Killer admits to his 49th murder - Feb 22, 2011
- Trayvon Martin shooter released on $150,000 bond - Apr 24, 2012
- Lightning kills eight in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 29, 2011
- Trayvon Martin shooter turns himself in after bond revoked - Jun 05, 2012
- George Zimmerman accused of sexual abuse - Jul 17, 2012
- Trauma of watching friends die keeps children from school - Sep 07, 2010
- Trayvon Martin shooter charged with second-degree murder - Apr 12, 2012
- 13-yr-old boy struck by lightening on Friday the 13th at 13:13 - Aug 14, 2010
- One killed, 175 injured as tornado hits Tripura - May 01, 2012
- Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman makes first court appearance - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: ambulance, ann zimmerman, boom, front yard, girl down, lightning, little girl, neighbor mary, neighbors, old girl, police sgt, porch, ridgway, stillwater, summer water, swim suit, thunder storms, tragic incident, twin cities, unconscious daughter