Tanya Angus: Not A Biblical GiantJune 24th, 2009 - 7:50 pm ICT by GD
The disease Acromegaly is associated with gigantism, a rare disease with symptoms of peculiar growth of the hands and feet. A similar disease has struck Tanya Angus, who is 30 years of age, is already 6 feet, 6 inches and is still growing. Weighing 480 pounds, she had normal and stable growth 10 years back, but the unusual disease had caught hold of Tanya and doctors obviously did not realize it then.The disease happens mostly due to malfunctioning of the pituitary gland which starts secreting more of human growth hormones.
Sometime back Richard Kiel, an American actor best known for his movies Jaws, James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me etc. also had faced the same syndrome and grew to 7 feet 1.5 inches.
When Tanya was young she was growing normally as commented by her mother, but when she turned 20, she started getting migraine attacks, her voice became grave and she found herself growing again. She was in Michigan at that time and she was not hesitant approaching the doctors. According to her the doctors found her to be a normal girl who was 5′11 at the age of 20, nothing was alarming to them. They even accused her of creating notions to get prescriptions. Deep within her heart, Tanya knew that something was going wrong with her but unfortunately she could not get any help at that time, and now its too late for any cure. Tanya whose pituitary gland was covered with a tumor, underwent 3 surgeries to get most of the tumor cut but every time it grew back.You must be guessing what enormous power of mind she possesses as her battle to survive still continues.
- No More Growth For The Woman Who Couldn't Stop Growing - Jun 03, 2010
- Surgery Successful For 'The Woman Who Can't Stop Growing' - Jun 03, 2010
- Cure for woman who can't stop growing found - Jun 03, 2010
- "Giant Woman" To Undergo Surgery To Stop Her Overgrowth - Jun 05, 2010
- Woman's changing facial features helped diagnose tumour - Sep 01, 2011
- Doctors Find A Way To Cure Giant Woman - Jun 05, 2010
- The woman who can't stop growing - Jul 23, 2009
- Seven-foot tall woman draws crowds in Bengal - Jul 03, 2012
- Why do some people have giant hands and feet? - Aug 24, 2009
- Clues to gigantism provided by family in Borneo Mountains - Aug 22, 2009
- Igor Vovkovinskiy Is The New Tallest American! - May 29, 2010
- Woman with rare hormonal disorder operated upon (with images) - Dec 27, 2011
- Alien tumor found inside Californian man - Feb 16, 2011
- Elisany Silva, World's Tallest Teen Hoping to be World's Tallest Model - Aug 27, 2010
- Now, cure migraine with a botox jab - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: 10 years, acromegaly, american actor, doctors, enormous power, giant, hands and feet, human growth hormones, james bond, jaws, migraine, notions, pituitary gland, power of mind, prescriptions, rare disease, richard kiel, stable growth, surgeries, tumor