Taliban stone couple to death in Kunduz for adultery, Amnesty International condemns the actAugust 17th, 2010 - 7:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Kunduz, Aug 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a gruesome incident the Taliban has stoned a young couple to death in the Kunduz province of Afghanistan. They were stoned because they had committed adultery. The stoning death was confirmed by the human rights group – Amnesty International who also added that this was also the first confirmed stoning incident in the last 9 years, after the fall of the Taliban regime in the country.
This stoning incident couldn’t have come at a worse time, because currently the international human rights groups were holding talks with the Taliban officials to bring upon some peace in the region.
The stoning couple comprised of a 20-year-old woman – Sadiqa and her 28 year old lover – Qayum. According to reports Sadiqa was engaged to another man, but she was madly in love with Qayum. Even though Qayum was a married man, yet the two of them conspired to run away to start a life with each other.
They ran away from their respective homes and were staying in a friend’s house for the last 5 days. However their luck ran out when the Taliban officials discovered them on Sunday. Both of them were taken away and stoned to death in front of a massive crowd.
- Taliban Stones Couple To Death for Adultery in Kunduz Afghanistan - Aug 17, 2010
- Afghan President Karzai condemns stoning of Afghan couple for adultery - Aug 18, 2010
- Afghan Police promise justice for couple killed by Taliban stoning - Jan 27, 2011
- Taliban stone to death Afghan couple over adultery - Aug 16, 2010
- Afghan Taliban publicly stone village couple to death - Aug 16, 2010
- Taliban publicly stone village couple to death - Aug 16, 2010
- Afghan woman, lover stoned to death by Taliban - Jan 27, 2011
- More than 400 Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes' - Mar 29, 2012
- Afghanistan stoning victim's father had sold her into marriage with relative - Feb 05, 2011
- Woman faces death by stoning in Sudan - Aug 02, 2012
- Pak couple face death by stoning after adultery conviction - Jul 19, 2010
- Iranian mother to be stoned to death - Jul 06, 2010
- Taliban executes pregnant woman accused of committing adultery - Aug 10, 2010
- Iran woman sentenced to death by stoning not allowed to see kids - Sep 11, 2010
- Execution of Iranian woman for adultry on hold - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: adultery, afghanistan, amnesty international, gruesome incident, human rights group, human rights groups, international human rights, kunduz province, love, married man, massive crowd, old woman, peace, stoning death, taliban, taliban officials, taliban regime, young couple