Taliban Post New Videos, Shows Captured US Soldier Bowe BergdahlDecember 9th, 2010 - 8:40 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) United States’ army soldier Bowe Bergdahl is alive and a new Taliban video shows that the US soldier is still held in captivity, media reports. Bowe Bergdahl was captured in Afghanistan in June 2009 and the recent video shows him with Taliban commander Maulawi Sangin, who previously threatened to kill him. However, it seems that the US soldier was not killed and still alive. On the other hand, the Pentagon officials said that it is yet not clear when this video was shot. The video shows him with wounds on his left cheek.
The new footage shows Bowe Bergdahl face completely shaven with his military haircut. Colonel Dave Lapan, a Pentagon spokesman said that in the past there were many similar types of videos released. Colonel Dave Lapan said that Talibans are using him in releasing footage. He also said that the military officials were frantically searching for him but they could not figure out where he was being held. Bowe Bergdahl appeared in three previous videos of Taliban which includes one released in April 2010. However, the previous video showed him bearded and he was wearing a heavy army jacket.
Bowe Bergdahl was pleading for his release in his previous video and a Taliban spokesperson asked for their limited numbers of soldiers to be released in exchange of the US soldier. The media outlets reported that Bowe Bergdahl has been taken to Pakistan but the military officials of US have claimed that the Taliban soldiers are keeping him in Afghanistan. A deputy district commander of Taliban, Haji Nadeem said that Bowe Bergdahl has converted to Islam and his name is Abdullah now.
- Taliban releases video of captured US soldier - Dec 25, 2009
- Video released of US soldier captured in Afghanistan - Apr 08, 2010
- Taliban awaiting US response on captured American soldier - Aug 10, 2009
- ISAF condemns Taliban video of captured US soldier (Lead) - Dec 25, 2009
- Taliban may have moved kidnapped US soldier to Pakistan - Jul 22, 2009
- WikiLeaks expected to release 400,000 secret Iraq War files - Oct 17, 2010
- Pentagon probing missile firing off California coast - Nov 10, 2010
- NATO condemns Taliban video of U.S. soldier Bergdahl - Dec 25, 2009
- WikiLeaks to release 400,000 US intelligence files - Oct 18, 2010
- US 'extremely concerned' over ISI role in 'supporting terrorist groups' - Oct 08, 2010
- Pentagon destroys 9,500 copies of a spy book - Sep 28, 2010
- Taliban demands release of Pak terror suspect Aafia, threatens to kill US soldier - Feb 05, 2010
- Vet war files to save Afghanis, WikiLeaks told Pentagon - Aug 05, 2010
- Petraeus orders probe into use of 'psych ops' to manipulate US senators for Afghan war - Feb 25, 2011
- Top US official appalled by purported Marine video - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: army jacket, army soldier, captivity, colonel, deputy district commander, gina gomez, haircut, lapan, left cheek, media outlets, military officials, nadeem, new taliban video, pentagon officials, pentagon spokesman, sangin, spokesman said that, taliban, taliban soldiers, united states army