Suspect in disappearance of Natalee Holloway accused of murder in PeruJune 3rd, 2010 - 12:42 am ICT by BNO News
LIMA (BNO NEWS) — A Dutch man who is the prime suspect in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway, Joran van der Sloot, is being sought in connection with the murder of a young woman in Peru.
Police in the Peruvian capital of Lima said Van der Sloot, 22, is the main suspect in the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramirez, whose body was found in the Miraflores District of Lima in the early morning hours on Wednesday.
Authorities said the body of Ramirez was found covered in blood in the hotel room of Van der Sloot, at the Tac Hotel in Lima. She is believed to have died from multiple stab wounds.
Friends of Flores said she had left them around 2.45 a.m. local time, and then went to visit a casino in Lima. Several hours later, at 5.16 a.m., Flores was seen leaving the casino while in the company of Van der Sloot. Her car was later found in another part of the city.
Van der Sloot arrived in Peru from Argentina on May 13, according to police, who said he left Peru by road on Monday afternoon. He is believed to have traveled to Chile.
The victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, urged authorities to arrest him. “This is not his first murder. In 2005 he killed another girl,” Ricardo said, referring to Natalee Holloway. “But because the body was not found, he was released.”
Ricardo said he appealed to Interpol to help apprehend Van der Sloot. ” I don’t want to see more people suffering,” he said. “I want to avoid that this man continues to kill.”
A spokeswoman for Aruba’s Prosecutor’s Office, Ann Angela, said her office had been updated on the Peruvian investigation and confirmed that Interpol has issued an international arrest warrant in connection with the Peruvian murder. “I can confirm that he is a suspect in the death of a Peruvian woman,” Angela said. “Also that he was placed on the list of the Interpol.”
American teenager Natalee Holloway went missing on May 30, 2005 during a high school graduation trip to Aruba. The case received international media attention, but her body was never found.
Van der Sloot remains the prime suspect in her disappearance, and made several ‘confessions’ during interviews with hidden cameras. Real evidence, however, was never found.
- Murder suspect Joran van der Sloot en-route to Peru - Jun 04, 2010
- BREAKING: Natalie Holloway Suspect Joran Van Der Sloot Accused of Peru Murder - Jun 02, 2010
- Murder suspect Joran van der Sloot detained in Central Chile - Jun 04, 2010
- BREAKING: Joran Van Der Sloot Arrested in Santiago for Peru Murder! - Jun 04, 2010
- Joran van der Sloot arrives in Lima to face murder charges - Jun 06, 2010
- Fox News: Joran van der Sloot lied during confession - Jun 11, 2010
- Murder suspect Joran van der Sloot arrested in central Chile - Police - Jun 04, 2010
- Joran Van Der Sloot Charged In Peru Murder Case - Jun 03, 2010
- Murder suspect Joran van der Sloot spotted in northern Chilean city - Jun 03, 2010
- Joran van der Sloot, suspect in disappearance of Natalee Holloway accused of murder in Peru - Jun 02, 2010
- Aruba prosecutor: Not informed by Peruvian police about Joran van der Sloot's recent confessions about Holloway - Jun 11, 2010
- Joran Van Der Sloot Confesses Murdering 21 Year Old Woman In Lima - Jun 11, 2010
- Natalee Holloway's mother consoles family of Peruvian woman killed by Joran van der Sloot - Jun 18, 2010
- Joran van der Sloot admits extortion of Holloway family - Sep 06, 2010
- FBI Denies Making Payment To Joran Van Der Sloot - Jun 10, 2010
Tags: american teenager, bno, confessions, disappearance, dutch man, flores, graduation trip, hidden cameras, high school graduation, international media attention, joran van der, joran van der sloot, monday afternoon, multiple stab wounds, natalee holloway, peru lima, peruvian capital, prime suspect, stephany, young woman