Susan Klebold essay in Oprah MagazineOctober 15th, 2009 - 3:12 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York City, Oct 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Susan Klebold, the mother of Dylan who was instrumental in the Columbine high School Massacre, has published an essay in “O”, the Oprah magazine, talking about her son Dylan and his role in the Columbine school shootings that took place a decade ago on April 20th 1999. This essay is said to be the biggest public statement by any of the parents involved in the Columbine shootings. Another child Eric Harris was also involved in the massacre and the killings.
Klebold says her son was short with her on the day of the massacre, April 20th, but that he left the house with short words to her that she had no idea would be her last words heard from him.
Klebold says in the essay that she had no idea her son was depressed or suicidal. The essay is entitled “I will never know why” and Susan Klebold goes on to write:
“For the rest of my life, I will be haunted by the horror and anguish Dylan caused. I cannot look at a child in a grocery store or on the street without thinking about how my son’s schoolmates spent the last moments of their lives,” Klebold writes. “Dylan changed everything I believed about myself, about God, about family, and about love.”
It may be recalled that the Columbine High School massacre occurred on Tuesday, April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School. Two students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, embarked on a merciless massacre, killing 12 students and a teacher, injured 21 others, while 3 were injured while attempting to escape, before committing suicide themselves.
- Ohio high school shooting claims third victim - Feb 29, 2012
- Susan Klebold Essay: Dylan's Mother Recounts Son's Horror Story - Oct 15, 2009
- Seven die in US college shooting - Apr 03, 2012
- Child actor got role in 'Chandragupta Maurya' by chance - Apr 13, 2011
- Marilyn Manson hits back at 'death lyrics' critics - Jun 13, 2009
- Manchester City stadium 'target of loner's Columbine-style massacre plot' - Sep 08, 2009
- When Watson went from being 'Hermione' to a hottie! - Nov 28, 2010
- Indian boy in UAE helps save environment - Apr 15, 2012
- Andy Murray Survived Mass School Shooting - Sep 12, 2012
- Rowling plans 'Harry Potter' encyclopaedia - Apr 18, 2012
- Bonham Carter wore nappies on 'Harry Potter' sets - Apr 24, 2012
- Math Teacher David Benke is Hero in Littleton School Shooting - Feb 24, 2010
- No celebrations, it's exam time for Hansika (Tamil Movie Snippets) - Nov 03, 2011
- Lady GaGa says she doesn't see Paris Hilton as an artist - Aug 27, 2010
- Downey Jr. to be father again - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: anguish, april 20th, columbine high school, columbine high school massacre, columbine school shootings, columbine shootings, committing suicide, decade, eric harris, god, grocery store, horror, killings, new york city, oprah magazine, parents, rest of my life, schoolmates, son dylan, susan klebold