Super Mario Bros. celebrates its 25th anniversarySeptember 14th, 2010 - 1:24 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sep 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mario Bros, the iconic game character is now 25 years old. The game was originally a Japanese video game.
The game was released 25 years today on Famicom or what is today called Nintendo. The game has grown to become one of the greatest games of all times selling over 40 million copies since it was released 25 years ago.
Game and the character were initially known as the Jumping Man when it was first featured on Donkey Kong. The game has grown then over the years to become the famous mason man that the world has fallen in love with. Mario was originally a carpenter and at a time featured as a doctor, before he became a mason.
There have been several versions of the game and over the years, more than 240 million of the game’s diverse versions have been sold. The iconic game has not been so successful as a movie. Various attempts to make a movie version of the game have failed woefully. The first attempt to make the game to a movie was in 1993. The game ranks only second to Nintendo Wii as the greatest video game ever.
- Nintendo Celebrates the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros. - Sep 14, 2010
- Mario Bros 'Greatest Video Game Ever' - Aug 28, 2010
- "Golden Eye 007" Is Set To Get Better - Oct 30, 2010
- Nintendo Seeks to Trademark "It's On Like Donkey Kong" - Nov 12, 2010
- PETA is unhappy with Mario as he wears a Tanooki suit - Nov 16, 2011
- Happy 25th Birthday, Nintendo! - Oct 18, 2010
- Nintendo files trademark for the phrase "It's On Like Donkey Kong" - Nov 11, 2010
- Microsoft to bring cable TV content to Xbox game console - Oct 06, 2011
- Charles Martinet Remembered Fondly On Mario's 25th Anniversary - Sep 17, 2010
- Harry Potter casts' screen test revealed - Jun 08, 2011
- Video games benefit older women socially - Apr 05, 2011
- Warner Bros to distribute 'Ramayana - The Epic' - Sep 14, 2010
- KJo a 'twittillionaire'! (Movie Snippets) - May 08, 2012
- 'Sexy' video game encouraging 'flirty striptease' awarded 12 + certificate - Feb 26, 2011
- MJ in Nintendo WII game of his own - Sep 16, 2010