Study reveals that recession is to be blamed for 1,000 SuicidesAugust 15th, 2012 - 7:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Study has discovered that 1000 suicides in England are caused by recession and probably the issue of unemployment. This was a statistic representing the evaluation between the years 2008 to2010.
The gender that is mostly affected by recession is the males. The affected men are estimated to be 846 while the women are estimated to be 155. The researchers claimed that for each 10 increase of unemployed people 1.4 percent commit suicide. They came with these conclusions after doing a comparison with the previous historical accounts. Another evaluation of the result about the suicides caused by recession was analyzed by comparison of the unemployed people and the suicides.
In essence the men are expected to be the bread winners in the family therefore, when they become jobless their self esteem goes down and the probability of them facing stressful moments rises. A decision of giving up on life is the next thing that comes up in their mind.
The scientist added that England should try to boost their economic status in order to increase job opportunities. This compliment was made because if the people continue to face unemployment issues, the public health organizations will face challenges as well. They should as well plan for counseling programs that will be psychologically assisting people on unemployment.
- Study reveals that recession is to be blamed for 1,000 suicides in UK - Aug 16, 2012
- US jobless claims dip to three-month low - Jul 15, 2011
- Downward revision of Spain's GDP data - Aug 28, 2012
- New US jobless claims dip below 400,000 - Jul 29, 2011
- Spain to trim another $80 bn with new austerity measures - Jul 12, 2012
- 15 arrested in anti-austerity protests in Spain - Jul 21, 2012
- French unemployment reaches record high in November - Dec 27, 2011
- Spain's risk premium hits euro-era record - Jul 20, 2012
- Jobless men 'at greater risk of dying prematurely' - Apr 05, 2011
- Losing a job increases risk of dying prematurely - Apr 05, 2011
- Spain's unemployment rate edges up - Jul 28, 2012
- Unemployment eases in Spain - May 05, 2011
- From humble loaf to slice of multi-grain joy (With Images) - Mar 11, 2011
- Spain's unemployment falls slightly - Aug 03, 2012
- New US jobless claims rise - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: bread winners, challenges, compliment, conclusions, counseling programs, economic status, england, giving up on life, job opportunities, london, probability, public health organizations, recession, scientist, self esteem, statistic, stressful moments, suicide, suicides, unemployment issues