Study reveals that Men prefer mum’s cookingMarch 16th, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Mar 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A new study has revealed that when presented with a dish from mother and wife, men are likely to pick that from their mother. The study was conducted by the entertainment channel Food Network UK.
The researchers identified that about 25 percent of all grownups who took part in the poll admitted that they sneaked to their mother’s home and enjoyed a meal there without the knowledge of their partners.
The researchers found that the men preferred the food of their mothers because when compared with the meals from their spouses, the meals from the mothers are traditional.
A spokesperson told reporters that, ”It’s quite endearing men prefer their mothers cooking. As adults, men still seek the comfort and tradition of the cooking they have grown up with so turn to their mums for what they perceive as a ‘proper meal’.”
One of the most significant finds was that about 47 percent of the men revealed that they confronted their wives for not matching the cooking skills of their mother-in-laws. Incredibly, 13 percent of the respondents said they advised their wives to go to their mothers to seek some cooking tips.
Two-thirds of those people said that such suggestion caused trouble in the relationship.
2,000 adult men took part in the poll.
- Why can't wives cook the mothers' way - Mar 16, 2012
- One in twenty Brit women don't know how to boil even an egg - May 03, 2011
- Chinese stir-fry is Britain's top dish - Jan 22, 2012
- 40pc of Brits prefer their mums' home cooking to anyone else's - Aug 31, 2010
- More than half of UK men do most of the cooking at home - Mar 23, 2011
- In Britain, just one in four meals is home-cooked - Nov 27, 2011
- Now children are cooking their first meal 5-yrs earlier than their parents did - Feb 16, 2011
- Collectible toys could foster healthy food choices - Sep 25, 2011
- Ignorance about calories putting millions at risk - Jan 03, 2012
- It's Onam , but few homes will do the full 26-dish sadhya - Aug 24, 2012
- Indians prefer beach vacations for new experiences - May 16, 2012
- Parental work stress hits healthy eating - Jun 24, 2012
- Men like cooking in the nude - Nov 16, 2010
- UK men rely on women to buy their clothes - Dec 27, 2010
- Eat home-cooked food for longer life! - Jun 08, 2012