Study finds that most adults in UK have trouble with stairs & are ‘unfit’April 1st, 2011 - 12:10 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Mar 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A study has found that most Brit adults could be described as “unfit” because they can barely make it up the stairs.
The study aimed at finding how fit adults in Britain are. Some interesting findings were made after the study. It was found that 31 percent of Brits feel highly exhausted after running to catch a bus. The survey was carried out by Benenden Healthcare Society.
The researchers interviewed about 2,000 adult Brits and after the study they realized that 37 percent of the respondents required some form of rest after using their mower. About 30 percent of the respondents also said they feel exhausted after moving their shopping into their house from their car.
The researchers reported that more than half of British adults (about 54 percent) would rather use the lift or the elevator instead of the stairs which is a form of an exercise in the end.
A spokesman for Benenden concluded that, “It’s clear that Brits are finding the simplest exercises a challenge and it’s quite shocking to see such relatively short distances putting people quickly out of breath. Small wonder, then, that an easy stereotype arises of Brits being ‘couch potatoes’ slumped in front of the television.”
- Desk job is injurious to health - Jan 15, 2012
- Skinny people aren't thought lazy but obese are - Apr 21, 2010
- Minimising fat with more exercise easy way to shed weight - May 07, 2012
- Next up, a 'pill' for couch potatoes who can't exercise - Apr 23, 2010
- Resting fat people not lazier than skinnier counterparts - Apr 21, 2010
- Laziness may all be in the genes - Sep 04, 2010
- Soon, pill to shake off lethargy may one day be a reality - Sep 04, 2010
- Exercise can make you want sugary foods even more - Mar 08, 2011
- Pressures of modern life make it hard for Brits to find time for everything - Feb 07, 2011
- Study exhibits the 'couch potato effect' in mice - Dec 01, 2010
- Sitting down makes your bum bigger - Dec 05, 2011
- Study reveals that drinking coffee may prevent breast cancer - May 11, 2011
- Couch potato is dying as viewers watch TV online - Sep 01, 2010
- Study finds that lifting weights reduces risk of diabetes - Aug 07, 2012
- Shaming obese people can backfire - May 04, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,