Study: Exercise has minor effect on weight lossSeptember 21st, 2010 - 9:02 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sep 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It has now being proved that exercise has minor effect on weight loss.
Numerous researches were conducted in UK and US with an observation that exercise has minor effect on weight loss. The recent study has proved that exercise alone does negligible changes to the body.
Even after exercising for months on the aerobic regime, a lot of people fail to observe any reduction of weight. So now you can stop blaming yourself for not losing weight even after spending hours in the gym. The fact is that conventional aerobic exercise does not help people to shed weight.
Aerobic exercise includes cycling, walking, or jogging. Generally people perform these activities thrice a week in a duration of 30-40 minutes in order to burn the excess fat. Research has proved that these types of programs have minor changes on your weight loss.
To loose weight, golden the rule is to burn more calories than your daily intake. Unfortunately, the conventional aerobic programs do not allow you to burn more calories. During your workout session you might find that counter shows that you have burnt 255 calories but the net figure would be 187 calories only. In other words, if you rely on these counters to loose weight, then it might give a false picture.
- Study reveals that jogging helps in losing belly fat - Aug 31, 2011
- Fast walking, jogging don't prevent increased bone turnover during weight loss - Mar 12, 2010
- Boost your energy with plyometric exercise - Oct 15, 2010
- Diet and exercise 'more effective for weight loss when combined' - Apr 15, 2011
- The most common myths about exercise - Nov 21, 2010
- Here are 6 tips to kick start weight loss in the New Year - Dec 26, 2010
- Weight loss supplements are no good - Mar 07, 2012
- Bikram yoga 'doesn't really help you lose weight' - Nov 06, 2010
- Cut your flab 'while at office, outside and even when asleep' - Apr 24, 2011
- Lean protein helps dieters resist late night snacks - Apr 01, 2011
- Know your diet personality type to cut your flab - Apr 18, 2011
- New weight-loss pill made of hot chili peppers may help fight obesity - Jul 09, 2010
- Diet Programs Do Not Reduce Disease Risk, Study Says - Jan 28, 2011
- Now, a 'sports cord' that burns 400 calories in just 20 minutes! - Jan 11, 2011
- Exercise counters negative effects of weight regain - Mar 03, 2010