Study: Divorce makes men fitter but women fatterDecember 11th, 2010 - 2:19 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Even though a divorce is said to be one of the five most stressful things in life, yet it seems to have some good results for the men. The other 4 most stressful things are marriage, buying a house, having a baby and taking up a job.
According to the results of a recently conducted study, divorce makes the men folk fitter but it makes the women fatter. The results of the study are surprising to say the least!
Researchers who were conducting the study studied 9000 people who were more than 44 years old over a period of 8 years. Their relationship status was also tracked over this study period. And the researchers found that after divorce the women gained weight, whereas the men lost weight.
One of the probable causes of this anomaly was that after divorce, men wanted to try their luck in the dating game once again. So for that they wanted to look good and presentable hence they worked out in the gym and lost weight. On the other hand, the women felt stressed after the divorce and they reached for comfort foods to get them through the painful period, so they gained weight.
Karolinska Institute researchers in Stockholm said that, “There was a significant increase in fitness levels in men who divorced but … a decrease in the fitness of divorced women.”
- Getting divorced does wonders for men's health - Dec 09, 2010
- Divorce is good for man's health - Dec 09, 2010
- Marriage, divorce play role in weight gain - Aug 23, 2011
- Dietary cadmium tied with breast cancer risk - Mar 15, 2012
- Small weight gain enough to raise BP - Sep 07, 2012
- 'Women hunched over desks for long gain weight' - Jul 11, 2012
- Low-energy diet can improve sleep disorder - Jun 02, 2011
- Birth control pills do not cause weight gain: Study - Jan 20, 2011
- Chocolate also insures against stroke risk - Oct 12, 2011
- Study says that Potato Chips help to pile on weight - Jun 24, 2011
- Stressed out men prefer larger women, study shows - Aug 09, 2012
- Dementia linked to midlife weight crisis - May 03, 2011
- Low-fat dairy foods can lower stroke risk - Apr 20, 2012
- Dieting tempts you into eating junk food - Dec 01, 2010
- Research shows that teenage girls aged 16 get drunk more often than boys - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,