Struggling Mom Sells Handwritten Obama LetterNovember 3rd, 2010 - 3:30 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Nov 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A mother in Michigan who is struggling financially has sold a handwritten letter from none other than the President of the United States, Barack Obama, in order to put a down payment on a home and pay off a few medical bills.
According to the New York Post, Jennifer Cline sent a letter to Obama back in 2007, describing her financial desperation after she and her husband were both suddenly out of work. She was diagnosed with two different kinds of skin cancer, and wrote to him, “I lost my job, my health benefits and my self-worth in a matter of five days.”
The president decided to write back, and offered Jennifer a few words of encouragement on White House letterhead. As nice as that may be, encouraging words did not help the finances of the Cline family, and so Jennifer decided to sell the letter, for seven thousand dollars, to an autograph dealer, Gary Zimet.
Zimet’s ideas on the whole matter? He calls it “poetic justice”.
- Woman sells Obama's letter for $7,000 to pay for house - Nov 01, 2010
- Struggling Mom Sells Her Handwritten Obama Letter To Meet Her Needs - Nov 03, 2010
- Album signed by John Lennon for his killer for sale - Nov 22, 2010
- Two held for forging MP's letterhead - Jun 23, 2012
- 'Odisha' it is - with sweets and shrugs! - Nov 05, 2011
- Donald Trump decides against running for president in 2012 - May 17, 2011
- Barack Obama gives his first ever iPad autograph - Oct 24, 2010
- Tommie Smith Puts Up Olympic Gold Medal For Auction - Oct 14, 2010
- Obama visits Norway ambassador's house to pay respect - Jul 27, 2011
- Oskar Schindler's List Up For Sale - Mar 24, 2010
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Anthony treasures honey beer gifted by Michelle Obama - Jun 28, 2011
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Charlotte Bronte's love letters to Belgian professor found - Jan 27, 2012
- Sarah Palin signs her book "America by Heart" for Iowa fans - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: autograph dealer, barack obama, cline family, encouraging words, few words, financial desperation, gary zimet, handwritten letter, health benefits, letter nov, letterhead, medical bills, new york post, nov 2, poetic justice, president of the united states, self worth, skin cancer, thousand dollars, words of encouragement