Strong earthquake rocks Nicaragua and Costa RicaFebruary 25th, 2010 - 2:33 pm ICT by BNO News
MANAGUA, NICARAGUA (BNO NEWS) – A strong earthquake struck Nicaragua and Costa Rica on Wednesday night, officials said.
The earthquake, which struck about 65 miles south of Managua, had a preliminary magnitude of 5.9, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
It struck about 26.5 miles deep, making it a fairly deep earthquake.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties following the tremor, which occurred at 09.15 p.m local time, and no tsunami warnings were immediately issued.
- Damage reported after magnitude-7.6 earthquake hits Costa Rica - Sep 05, 2012
- 6.0-magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon, no damage - Feb 16, 2012
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits off Oregon coast, no damage - Apr 12, 2012
- Strong earthquake jolts eastern Japan - Aug 12, 2011
- Strong earthquake jolts eastern Japan, no damage - Aug 01, 2011
- Strong earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon, no damage - Oct 13, 2011
- Huge earthquakes strike off Indonesia, prompt tsunami warnings (Update 2) - Apr 11, 2012
- Strong quake strikes off eastern Japan, no damage - Aug 22, 2011
- Huge earthquakes strike off Indonesia, prompt tsunami warnings (Update 1) - Apr 11, 2012
- Strong earthquake shakes northeast Japan, no damage - Mar 27, 2012
- Powerful earthquake strikes eastern Indonesia - Sep 30, 2010
- Strong earthquake shakes Papua New Guinea, no tsunami warning - May 16, 2011
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - May 02, 2012
- Strong earthquake hits the South Pacific Ocean, no tsunami warning - Jan 29, 2012
- Strongest earthquake in years hits northwest of Norway, no damage - May 25, 2012