Strong 6.2-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New GuineaJune 2nd, 2010 - 5:26 pm ICT by BNO News
NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — A strong earthquake struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea on Tuesday evening, seismologists said.
The 6.2-magnitude earthquake was centered about 16 kilometers (10 miles) west-northwest of Kandrian, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It struck about 24 miles (40 kilometers) deep, making it a shallow earthquake.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties from the earthquake. No tsunami warnings were issued.
- Strong earthquake shakes Papua New Guinea, no damage - Aug 20, 2012
- Strong 6.3-magnitude earthquakes strike Papua New Guinea - Jul 21, 2010
- Strong earthquake rocks Papua New Guinea's New Britain, no reports of damage - Jun 16, 2011
- Strong earthquake shakes Papua New Guinea, no tsunami warning - May 16, 2011
- 6.0-magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon, no damage - Feb 16, 2012
- Strongest earthquake in years hits northwest of Norway, no damage - May 25, 2012
- Strong earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon, no damage - Oct 13, 2011
- Powerful 7.5-magnitude earthquake hits off Vanuatu Islands, Port-Vila struck by small tsunami - Aug 10, 2010
- Moderate 5.3-magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon - Jul 28, 2010
- Powerful earthquakes hit Papua New Guinea, spark tsunami warning for Indonesia - Jul 18, 2010
- Strong earthquake strikes northwestern Papua New Guinea; no casualties reported - Apr 07, 2010
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits off Oregon coast, no damage - Apr 12, 2012
- Strong 6.4-magnitude earthquake strikes Papua New Guinea; no tsunami risk - Aug 21, 2010
- Strong earthquake hits the South Pacific Ocean, no tsunami warning - Jan 29, 2012
- Strong earthquake strikes far off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: bno, casualties, earthquake hits, kilometers, magnitude earthquake, papua new guinea, seismologists, shallow earthquake, tsunami, tsunami warnings, tuesday evening, u s geological survey, west northwest