Stray dog Survives Double Train Hits In A Single DayApril 9th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Clinton , Apr 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The little guy just got lucky. In fact he is now on his way to recovery after he was run over by a train twice in a single day. However, it was the train driver Fred Krause who had helped the little Shih Tzu dog and has actually rescued him from the tracks after being run over.
Lori Krause, the wife of Fred Krause reports that her husband actually ran over the Shih Tzu more than once while he was on the tracks of Utah Railways driving the train. The cream colored dog was spotted in the tracks near the Kearns High School. Fred Krause said that the first time the train went over the dog it managed to pass without hurting the dog because of its small size but while he was returning, the snow plough of the train hit him hard as t was running towards the train wide open in the railway tracks.
Fred Krause told the media that in spite of his desperate efforts of slowing down the train down to 15mph wasn’t able to stop the train. The driver returned back to the spot where the train had hit the dog and discovered the little pooch was still alive but knocked out of its senses lying on the railway tracks. Fred Krause took the dog to a veterinary doctor who nursed the wounds and saved the little guy’s life. Indeed, all agree upon the fact that the dog who weighs just eight pounds has been a great survivor amidst such a challenging weather and animals like foxes which live in the area who might have picked the little dog up if they had spotted him. The Krauses already own a same breed Shih Tzu called “Milo” who is seven years old.
- The Little Doggy That Could: Stray Dog Hit Twice By Train - Apr 09, 2010
- Stray dog survives after being run over twice by a freight train - Apr 09, 2010
- Stray Dog Lives To Tell The Tale Of Two Encounters With Utah Train - Apr 09, 2010
- Dog 'christened' in lavish church ceremony - Nov 21, 2010
- Catwalk for dogs and pets for comfort at this fair! - Jan 22, 2011
- Australian man stabs dog to death - Aug 31, 2010
- Border collies top list of smartest pooches, Afghans dumbest - Sep 07, 2010
- Aussies spend more than $25K on pets in lifetime! - May 05, 2010
- Train bombing attempt foiled in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2012
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- Erring driver or faulty signal - what caused train tragedy? - Jul 19, 2010
- Two labourers run over by train - Apr 26, 2012
- Indian Railways working on system to check collisions - Sep 14, 2011
- Why doesnt railways implement the anti-collision device, asks designer - Aug 13, 2010
Tags: desperate efforts, doctor who, foxes, kearns high school, krause, little dog, lori, milo, pooch, railways, ranjan, seven years, shih tzu, single day, snow plough, survivor, train driver, train hits, veterinary doctor, weather