Stranded whale put down in CornwallAugust 14th, 2012 - 10:23 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Cornwall, Aug 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A rare scene occurred at the beach of Cornwall when a 65 feet whale died. The whale was found by the beach walkers who while they were undertaking their activities. This was a rare incident because whales are commonly found at the deep end of the seas, not at the beach - where the waters are shallow.
They discovered that there must be something wrong with the whale. The beach walkers quickly informed the beach rescuers to come to the rescuer of the whale. The walkers managed to see that the whale was injured and they tried any means that would hurry up the rescuers.
On arrival, the rescuers said that there was no hope of re-floating the mammal because it was too much undernourished.
The British Divers Marine Life Rescue said that the whale could not be saved in time. The whale was put down after a very staunch discussion regarding human resource. They concluded that it should be put down for the sake of human resources claiming that it died a natural death.
An estimation of 300 people gathered at the scene of the incident while a group of people tried all the means possible to pull and push the whale back into the sea. This particular whale is regarded as one of the largest animal in the world therefore; it was a loss for the world at large.
- Mass whale stranding on New Zealand beach - Nov 15, 2011
- Whale found dead 800 metres from shoreline - Sep 29, 2011
- 90 whales stranded on New Zealand beach - Jan 23, 2012
- Joy in Australia as last stranded whale swims free - Mar 04, 2009
- More than 40 of 74 stranded whales die in New Zealand - Sep 22, 2010
- Beached whale dies in Brazil - Oct 28, 2010
- More than 20 beached whales die in New Zealand - Dec 27, 2009
- Dolphins, marine mammals hunted for human consumption - Jan 25, 2012
- 107 whales die on New Zealand beach - Feb 22, 2011
- Kiwi rescuers free baby seal entangled in a thong - Sep 06, 2012
- Lifeboats rescue pony from a small beach - Jan 19, 2012
- Father dies saving son at sea - Apr 10, 2012
- Oil poisoning? Alarming sea animal deaths on India's west coast (With Images) - Apr 07, 2012
- Over 100 whales die on two New Zealand beaches - Dec 28, 2009
- Killer whales shed new light on human menopause - Jul 02, 2010