Steven Green convicted with the charges of rape and murdersMay 8th, 2009 - 9:25 pm ICT by GD
Steven Dale Green has been finally convicted with the charges of raping an Iraqi girl and then murdering her along with her other family members in 2006. If proven guilty, Green faces the possibility of death sentence for the crime that he had committed during his term as a private in Iraq. It must be mentioned that for all the 16 counts against Green the federal court has delivered guilty verdicts. Green’s fate will be decided on Monday when the final trial will begin on Monday.
In one of the most startling revelations, Green’s former fellow soldier, James Paul Barker, confessed in the court that he was in a position to stop the whole tragedy of the rape and the murders but he could not do so. Barker is already serving his term because of his association with the crime. Along with Green, four other soldiers are also serving term for their roles in the attacks in Iraq.
What is most shocking is the fact that the whole attack was preplanned. At the time of the attack Green was 19 and he acted as “the trigger-man in the group of five men,” according to sources. Green and his companions raped 14 year old Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi and then shot her dead along with her father, mother and her 6 years old sister. Green’s attorney has accepted the fact that Green had murdered the family but argued that he was suffering from “combat stress after the death of close colleagues.” Three other soldiers associated with the case have pleaded guilty and the other has been convicted. All of them are under military courts-martial. The trial took place in Paducah, Kentucky.
- Steven Dale Green Gets Life Imprisonment; Barred From Parole - Sep 05, 2009
- Iraq war: Defector says he lied about WMDs - Feb 16, 2011
- Rape-murder accused's acquittal reversed; gets life term - Feb 13, 2012
- British soldier charged with raping minors - Nov 19, 2011
- Malaysian mock tribunal finds Bush, Blair guilty of 'crimes against peace' - Nov 24, 2011
- Former Liberian president jailed for 50 years - May 30, 2012
- British boy, 12, jailed for raping two girls - Jul 14, 2012
- Rapist leaves scar on woman's chastity: Court - Sep 02, 2012
- Lajpat Nagar blast: Police seek death for three - Sep 21, 2011
- Lajpat Nagar blast: High court reserves order on pleas - Oct 12, 2011
- New York jihadist faces life term - Jul 08, 2011
- Circumstantial proof must stand on its own feet: Apex court - Jun 15, 2011
- Mathew turns against Maria, files plea against conviction - Jul 17, 2011
- Iraqi defector admits lying about Iraq WMD to get rid of Saddam Hussein regime - Feb 16, 2011
- Iraqis extradited to Britain, jailed for honour killing - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: 6 years, abeer qassim hamza, colleagues, combat stress, companions, death sentence, family members, fate, father mother, fellow soldier, five men, guilty verdicts, military courts, murders, paducah kentucky, paul barker, rape, startling revelations, steven green, trigger man