Starbucks Sirena Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine brings the barista out in youJune 6th, 2009 - 2:55 am ICT by John Le Fevre
The secret of good, rich quality coffee any barista will tell you is the quality of the beans, the temperature of the water and the back pressure applied to the pouring sprouts.
It’s by getting all these combinations right that coffee houses maintain a loyal following. Despite the recent round of closures by coffee-chain giant Starbucks, the ability get your Starbucks fix just got easier.
The company has just brought out its Sirena Model 398574 Semi-automatic espresso machine for the home or office – providing a solution to all but one of the above prerequisites for outstanding coffee.
Constructed from stainless steel, the compact coffee maker features dual pouring spouts, user programmable settings, a 57.5oz (1.7l) removable water tank and a 15-bar, pump-driven delivery system designed to squeeze the perfect level of coffee flavor out of each ground bean.
Available for $340, the unit weighs just 21lbs (9.5kg) and features an auto-shut off energy saving system that kicks in after 90-minutes of inactivity.
For die hard Starbucks fans, the Sirena 398574 means you can get your favorite espresso fix, as well as get to play barista, all without leaving your home.
- Starbucks to enter India hand in hand with Tata Coffee - Jan 13, 2011
- Tatas sign formal pact for opening Starbucks cafes in India - Jan 30, 2012
- Brewing a national coffee culture: Delhi to host coffee fest - Dec 26, 2011
- Here's how to brew that perfect coffee - Sep 20, 2010
- Metal beans to keep coffee warm for hours - May 03, 2011
- Coffee Behemoth, Starbucks, To Try Out Wine And Coffee Theater - Jun 26, 2010
- Is it liqueur? Is it coffee? It's liqueur coffee! - Nov 16, 2009
- 'Storm in a coffee cup' over new nameless Starbucks logo - Jan 06, 2011
- Smell the coffee - Indian baristas taking on bartenders! - Nov 21, 2010
- Starbucks Corp Plans "Coffee Theater" - Jun 26, 2010
- Tata Coffee net up 43 percent in 2011-12 - May 09, 2012
- Starbucks eyes China market - Apr 03, 2012
- Barista to invest Rs.40 crore this fiscal - Sep 03, 2009
- Colombia's 'green gold' coffee a major hit in China - Jul 18, 2010
- Bikini-clad baristas face prostitution charges for serving more than coffee! - Sep 25, 2009
Tags: 5kg, automatic espresso machine, barista, coffee flavor, coffee houses, coffee maker, combinations, delivery system, die hard, energy saving, inactivity, prerequisites, programmable settings, quality coffee, removable water tank, rich quality, sprouts, stainless steel, starbucks, starbucks fans