Stamford, CT man found guilty on federal gun and drug chargesMarch 4th, 2010 - 11:35 pm ICT by BNO News
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT (BNO NEWS) – A Stamford, Connecticut man was found guilty on Thursday of one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine base, and one count of possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, prosecutors informed.
Gregory Russell, aka “Fat G” or “G”, was arrested on July 25, 2009 by officers of the Stamford Narcotics and Organized Crime Unit who were in the middle of a drug investigation. Russell was wanted after a parole violation warrant against him was issued. The agents saw Russell entering a car and intended to execute the arrest.
The defendant refused to step out of the car and suddenly came out and withdrew a .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol. The officers were able to subdue him and the gun was dropped to the ground along with 10 packages of crack cocaine. After searching the vehicle, more bags of narcotics were found.
Later, officers realized that the gun was loaded with hollow-point ammunition, with one round in the chamber and the safety mechanism off. Russell was also in possession of $754 in cash.
Russell has been convicted for multiple felony convictions, prior to his latest arrest. He faces a maximum penalty of 10 years for the possession of a firearm count, a maximum term of 20 years imprisonment for the cocaine distribution count, and a maximum penalty of life in prison for the possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime count.
The defendant’s sentence hearing is scheduled for May 21.
- Connecticut man pleads guilty after officials discover heroin and weapons in residence - Jan 16, 2010
- Stamford, CT man charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition - Mar 04, 2010
- New Orleans resident pleads guilty to federal gun and drug charges - Feb 04, 2010
- Hartford man sentenced to 27 months for role in drug ring - Feb 19, 2010
- Connecticut heroin dealer sentenced to two years in prison - Feb 12, 2010
- Mocksville, NC pair indicted for narcotics and firearms violations - Mar 09, 2010
- Hartfort, CT man sentenced to federal prison for heroin trafficking - Jan 23, 2010
- New York cocaine trafficker sentenced - Feb 13, 2010
- Two men arrested for Chicago-NY drug operation - Feb 13, 2010
- Guilford, CT man sentenced for role in narcotics ring - Mar 11, 2010
- Twenty-two charged in Evansville grug trafficking case - Feb 05, 2010
- Buju Banton sentenced for 10 years in prison for cocaine trafficking - Jun 24, 2011
- Five men arrested for drug and gun charges in Manchester, NH - Apr 16, 2010
- Stratford, CT man sentenced for dealing cocaine - Feb 20, 2010
- Drug dealer gets death penalty - Jan 29, 2012
Tags: bno, cocaine base, cocaine distribution, connecticut man, crack cocaine, crime count, crime unit, drug charges, drug investigation, drug trafficking, felon, felony convictions, furtherance, hartford connecticut, maximum penalty, maximum term, parole violation, safety mechanism, semi automatic pistol, stamford connecticut