Spanish Man Steps Out In Public After Face TransplantationMay 5th, 2010 - 6:43 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Madrid , May 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Madrid witnessed its second face transplant operation as the patient was released from the Seville’s Virgen Del Rocio Hospital. Following the surgery the patient named Rafael thanked his doctor and expressed his gratitude towards the family of the donor. Reportedly, the man was somewhat facing difficulty while he spoke to the media after the surgery.
Rafeal was treated for a major congenital disease which left the bottom part of this face deformed by some serious tumors. The head of the plastic surgery unit of Seville’s Virgen Del Rocio Hospital, Dr. Tomas Gomez Cia told the media that the case should be treated as a personal one and should only encourage people to come ahead with donations which shall be a benevolent step towards the patients. She said that when the patient saw himself in the mirror after the surgery, he was pleased. Rafael also said that he feels he is much younger now.
The patient made a strong declaration that he wants media to let him reside peacefully with his mother and sister who were present at the hospital to take him back home. The doctors have said that this is the initial aftermath of the facial operation which the patient is going through. It shall take months for him to come back to normalcy. However, Rafael is quite strong at the moment so as to feel the difference of objects and their temperature when touched. As a matter of fact, Rafael’s case is the second facial transplant case witnessed in Spain. His last name and his age has not been disclosed by the hospital citing privacy reasons.
- Spanish Recipient Of A Face Transplant Emerges In Public - May 05, 2010
- Spanish face transplant man goes public - May 05, 2010
- British doctors to treat Pakistan's cleft-lip children - Oct 21, 2011
- Chinese moms to donate liver to each other's kids - Sep 12, 2012
- First total face-transplant performed in Spain - Apr 24, 2010
- Surgeons conduct north India's first cartilage transplant - Nov 13, 2011
- Spanish Medical Team Performs First Full-Face Implant - Apr 23, 2010
- First full-face transplant patient displays new look after surgery - Jul 27, 2010
- Innovative liver surgery saves 2-year-old Omani girl - Jul 04, 2012
- Limb transplant patient dies in Turkey - Feb 28, 2012
- Tipsarevic stuns Djokovic in Madrid Open - May 12, 2012
- Cotton swab use may result in ruptured eardrum - Apr 29, 2011
- Five get organs from man with HIV - Sep 30, 2011
- World's first full face transplant carried out in Spain - Apr 23, 2010
- Marathon liver transplant saves three toddlers (with Images) - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: congenital disease, face transplant, face transplantation, facial transplant, hospital dr, man steps, matter of fact, mother and sister, normalcy, plastic surgery, privacy reasons, rafeal, ranjan, second face, seville, spanish man, surgery unit, transplant operation, virgen del rocio, virgen del rocio hospital