South California Teacher Arrested For Drunken TeachingMarch 25th, 2010 - 8:47 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Thermal, California, March 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Another teacher has ended up in trouble, though this time not for writing any discouraging comment on the notebook or for any sex scandal but for allegedly teaching in the class while drunk. Tonya Neff is a teacher of Toro Canyon Middle School in Southern California and was teaching to the students of standard seven. The administrators of the South California school found that the teacher was drunk in the school premise which is a punishable offense.
The administrator of the Toro Canyon Middle School, who found the teacher drunk, informed the Riverside County Sheriff’s department. On Tuesday afternoon, the teacher was taken to the Indio Jail. The teacher has been booked under the law of felony child endangerment and police is investigating the case. However, according to some teacher and administrators of other schools, the state in which Tonya Neff has been reported to be teaching in the school could not have caused harm or any danger to the children of the 7th grade.
The Riverside County Sheriff’s Sergeant Mike Tapp has reportedly said that the teacher was under some prescription drugs and had also consumed alcohol. He reportedly claimed that a container containing an alcoholic drink was also found in possession of the teacher.
Though Ricardo Medina, the Superintendent of Coachella Valley school, has reportedly mentioned to the media that the drunken teacher was never a threat to the students, the Toro Canyon Middle school management has taken offense of the breach of law that the teacher has committed with the teacher being placed on a leave.
- SoCal teacher Tonya Neff jailed for teaching while drunk - Mar 25, 2010
- Drunk SoCal Teacher Charged: Felony Child Endangerment - Mar 25, 2010
- SoCal Teacher Arrested For Educating The Students Under A Condition Of Inebriation - Mar 25, 2010
- Thermal, California woman gets off with $6 during armed robbery - Mar 10, 2010
- Season 5 ‘Bachelorette’ Contestant Julien Hug Found Dead - Nov 06, 2010
- Tonya Craft Acquitted Of All Charges - May 12, 2010
- Plane crash in Grand Canyon leaves 2 dead - Aug 01, 2011
- Rodney King is under house arrest for reckless driving - Feb 29, 2012
- Unidentified Body Found Near Norma Lopez's Abduction Site - Jul 21, 2010
- A good act lands principal in trouble - Oct 17, 2011
- Tacoma Washington Elementary School Teacher Killed in Shooting - Feb 27, 2010
- Houston mum jailed after 20-month-old toddler gets drunk on Four Loko - Mar 19, 2011
- Riverside Sheriff: Lindsay Lohan 'violated parole' - Jan 05, 2011
- Missing Southern California cult members found 'alive and well' - Sep 20, 2010
- Man arrested in Colorado mall bomb attempt - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: alcoholic drink, california march, california school, california teacher, child endangerment, coachella valley, indio, neff, prescription drugs, punishable offense, ricardo medina, riverside county sheriff, school management, sex scandal, south california, tapp, thermal california, tonya, toro canyon, tuesday afternoon