Sonic Boom In Seattle Puzzles Corporate WorkersAugust 18th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Seattle, Aug 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The recent visit of President Barack Obama to Seattle created headlines as expected from any of his activities. He came to the place for fundraising and interacting with regional business owners. He also had a lunch at a bakery there. However, the residents of Seattle will remember the visit of the president for other reasons as well. A private aircraft that violated the no fly rule implemented during the visit of the president caused some trouble. Apparently the pilot and the passenger of the aircraft were in dark about the President’s visit and also about the airspace restrictions. The two F15 fighter jets were flown in from Portland to intercept the intruder plane. The two jets flew at supersonic speed and as a result created sonic booms that rocked Seattle for some time.
The sonic boom which sounds much like a loud explosion took the residents and business owners in the city by surprise. They were at a loss to release what the matter was. Some people got scared and thought probably a natural calamity like Earthquake had taken place and they started panicking. The sound was so loud that it rattled glass windows of some households in the region. The workers at the several firms at Seattle were also puzzled about the loud sound.
The corporate workers stopped their work for some time and they posted their queries in popular social networking sites quickly. A lot of them thought that the region was struck by a quake. The officials took near about half an hour to trace the source of the sound that rattled Seattle.
- Seattle Rocked By F15 Jets Tracing Intruding Aircraft During President's Visit - Aug 18, 2010
- Aircraft violates Air Force One airspace - Aug 18, 2010
- Navy warns of fighter planes' sonic booms in Goa - Sep 07, 2010
- Soon, supersonic plane that can dampen sonic booms - Jul 01, 2010
- President Barack Obama Had Lunch At Seattle's Grand Central Bakery - Aug 18, 2010
- Star formation linked to sonic booms - Apr 14, 2011
- President Barack Obama Leaves Seattle Business Owners Impressed - Aug 18, 2010
- Fighter jets intercept two small planes in Obama's airspace - Aug 07, 2012
- Wreckage of downed Turkish plane located - Jun 25, 2012
- Sonic Boom Rocks Florida - Feb 22, 2010
- Trail Blazers fire coach McMillan - Mar 16, 2012
- No airspace violation in eastern India: IAF - Jul 27, 2011
- Meteor streaks across the Midwest skies - Apr 16, 2010
- Sonic Boom Mistaken For Earthquake In San Diego - Dec 22, 2009
- Fighter jet intercepts small plane near Camp David - Sep 04, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,