Soda Butte Campground NightmareJuly 29th, 2010 - 7:21 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
July 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Campers at the Soda Butte Campground near the Yellowstone National Park went through a horrific nightmare on Wednesday as a bear attack left one person dead and two others injured. One male has been killed in the attack and officials are yet to release the age and identity of any of the victims. The officials received a call early on Wednesday and a man reported that he had been bitten on the leg by a bear and that it was ripping apart tents at the camping site.
Officials at the Gallatin National Forest have sent a team to investigate the size and type of bear that attacked the campers. They are presently setting traps and analyzing the bite wounds on the victims. They are also on the site looking for bear hair, saliva and bear droppings. A spokesperson for the Gallatin National Forest said that the area is heavily populated by Grizzlies as well as black bears. The officials have also not been able to determine the total number of people who were present at the park at the time of the attack. The Soda Butte Campground along with nearby campgrounds have been closed till further notice. The campers have been sent to a nearby hotel and the injured victims were sent to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The 10 acre Soda Butte Campground has as many as 27 camping sites and is located in the Gallatin National Forests. Some of the campers have narrated the horrifying story of the bear attack to the media and the female victim said that she thought she would the bear’s dinner when she woke up to find the bear chewing her arm.
- One Dead and Two Injured in Montana Bear Attack Near Yellowstone - Jul 29, 2010
- Yellowstone National Park officials confirm grizzly attack death - Aug 30, 2011
- Yellowstone National Park officials hunt for a killer grizzly bear - Jul 07, 2011
- Bear shot dead after it mauls 70-year-old man - Jun 20, 2010
- Orphaned grizzlies sent to the Montana zoo - Dec 21, 2010
- Scientists Warn Of Hungry Bears At Yellowstone - Aug 23, 2010
- Orphaned Grizzlies At ZooMontana Turn Out To Be Latest Attraction For Visitors - Dec 21, 2010
- Human skull found at Washington travel-trailer site - Jan 05, 2010
- Bear mauls two men to death - Mar 06, 2012
- Premiere Of The Infamous Orphaned Grizzlies Takes Place At A Zoo In Montana - Dec 21, 2010
- Deadly mice-borne virus spreads in US national park - Sep 02, 2012
- Alert officials foil rhino poaching in Assam - Jan 23, 2012
- Wild bear causes panic among Maharashtra villagers in Chandrapur - Jul 06, 2010
- Panther dies of thirst in Rajasthan heat - May 30, 2012
- Two elephants hit by train in north Bengal - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: bear attack, bite wounds, black bears, campers, camping site, camping sites, female victim, further notice, gallatin national forest, grizzlies, horrific nightmare, kar, meena, national forests, nearby campgrounds, nearby hospital, nearby hotel, saliva, soda butte campground, yellowstone national park