Soaring Pollen Level Hits Record NumbersApril 11th, 2010 - 7:45 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
St. Petersburg, Apr 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Pollen is in the air and it’s terribly annoying. With the soaring pollen level that keeps increasing day by day this season can certainly be called the allergy season that stretches all the way the coast of Florida down to Colorado. The little yellow dust is everywhere and on everyone. To make matters worse, there is no way you can stop it.
Reportedly, the soaring pollen levels is a major source of allergies and numerous patients have been already admitted at the St. Petersburg hospital in Florida which has witnessed a huge number of patients coming in for allergy related cases. Even kids are highly affected as the pollen grains have gone ahead to invade the sinuses which makes it the most irritating of all that causes coughing and difficulty in breathing.
Last Wednesday, the pollen levels were calculated to be 5,733 particles per cubic meter in the air. As it is being said by the Atlanta Allergy & Asthma Clinic said that the chief pollen sources are oak, birch, sweet gum and pine. When asked about the current status of the pollen and how it’s going to the people University of Colorado professor; Dr. William Storms said that the pollen grains would wither away in just a few weeks but there is a high chance that the people will continue to suffer because of the allergies which have already infected their sinuses.
Reportedly, the Oak trees in the southeast produces about 4000 to 7000 pollen per cubic meters of the air. Southeast is swarmed with the pollen grains affecting each and everybody owing to the chilly winters. The high winds are also a contributing factor for the spreading of pollen grains from one place to another.
- Hay fever worse in spring than summer - Jan 01, 2012
- Russia poplars bring money - and masks - to Kashmir - May 27, 2011
- Is climate change causing hay fever to stay longer? - Mar 02, 2010
- Pine bark extract naturally reduces hay fever symptoms - Jun 24, 2010
- Pollen Forecast - Apr 13, 2010
- Food allergies more likely to afflict autumn babies - Oct 20, 2010
- Humidity aggravates nasal congestion - Oct 17, 2011
- Holiday spirit stirs up allergies - Dec 26, 2010
- Babies born in October and November 'more likely to have food allergies' - Oct 20, 2010
- Climate Change Could Heighten The Cost Of American Allergies - Apr 15, 2010
- Experts may reach bottom of Antarctic lake in 2014 - Feb 09, 2012
- Vision Airlines Starts Operating At Low Costs - Jan 18, 2011
- Climate Change Might Increase Allergy Cost, Reports Say - Apr 15, 2010
- Rising carbon dioxide emissions linked to spike in hay fever in Europe - Apr 09, 2011
- China to promote shale gas - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: allergy season, asthma clinic, birch, chilly winters, cubic meter, cubic meters, current status, dr william, high winds, oak trees, pollen grains, pollen level, pollen levels, pollen sources, professor dr, record numbers, sinuses, sweet gum, university of colorado, yellow dust