Small passenger plane crashes in TexasOctober 7th, 2009 - 4:28 am ICT by BNO News
WISE COUNTY, TEXAS (BNO NEWS) – A small passenger plane carrying several people crash-landed in Texas on Tuesday afternoon, aviation officials told BNO News. No fatalities were reported in the crash.
The plane, which was capable of carrying up to 13 passengers and 2 crew members, went down in a field about 20 miles north-west of Fort Worth, just east of Boyd in Wise County.
Three people were on board, according to Lynn Lunsford, a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). All three people on board suffered serious injuries and were flown to area hospitals. No one on the ground was injured.
Lunsford said the pilot was in contact with air traffic control when he suddenly reported that both engines had quit. Further information on the possible cause of the crash was not immediately available but weather did not appear to have played a role in the accident. TV footage showed that one wing was sheared from the aircraft by the impact.
The aircraft was a 1981-build Beechcraft King Air B100, which has a maximum capacity of 15 people, depending on the cabin configuration. FAA records showed that the plane was registered to R. J. Schumacher from Levelland, Texas, but it was not immediately known if the same person was actually on board when the aircraft went down.
Flight records showed that the plane departed Wiley Post Airport in Oklahoma City and was en-route to Fort Worth Meacham International Airport. Lunsford said the crash site, where the plane crashed around 2.45 p.m. local time, was located about one hour away from Wiley Post Airport.
- At least one dead after small plane crashes near airport in South Carolina - Jul 20, 2010
- Pilot injured after small plane crashes near Lincoln County, Oklahoma airport - May 07, 2010
- Five die in Los Angeles-area plane crash - Mar 17, 2011
- Small plane crashes at Long Beach Airport in California - Mar 17, 2011
- Small plane crashes after take-off in South Dakota, killing 4 - Dec 10, 2011
- Plane crash kills 4 at New Mexico airport - Apr 03, 2011
- One dead after small plane crashes in western Colorado - Jun 06, 2010
- Two killed after small plane crashes near Dayton, OH airport - Apr 02, 2010
- Small plane crashes in Las Vegas, casualties unknown - Sep 06, 2010
- Small plane crashes in southern California, kills one - Jul 28, 2010
- Three killed in US plane crash - Jul 25, 2011
- Helicopter crashes near Gulf of Mexico oil rig platform - May 29, 2012
- Hundreds feared dead after Nigerian jet crashes in Lagos - Jun 04, 2012
- Two killed in small plane crash in US - Feb 22, 2012
- Small plane crashes into Austin building, reports of people trapped - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: air traffic control, aviation officials, b100, bno, crash site, crew members, faa records, federal aviation administration, flight records, j schumacher, levelland texas, maximum capacity, oklahoma city, passenger plane, plane crashes, tuesday afternoon, tv footage, weather, wiley post airport, wise county texas