Skycanner survey reveals that the worst tourists are BritsMay 5th, 2011 - 10:41 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, May 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A recent poll has named Brits as the ‘worst’ tourists with Russians named as the rudest in the world. The poll was carried out by Skyscanner. The organization used five points for the ranking.
Respondents from about 49 countries throughout the world took part in the poll. It was realized that Brits did not make any attempt to learn the language of the country they are visiting, they often got drunk and displayed disorderly behavior, they do not like local food when they travel and they are not fond of giving tips. The research however found that Brits are not rude.
That belongs to the Russians and the Germans. Those are the five categories that that Skyscanner used to rank the countries. Brits topped four of the five categories that were used for the ranking.
On the positive side of the poll, it was found that Japanese behave very politely as tourists with Americans taking the tag as the best tip-givers. Australians were recognized as embracing the food of the country that they visit while the Scandinavians were found to be the best when it comes to learning a foreign language.
Skyscanner is a major travel search website.
- Russians polled 'worst dressed tourists' - Aug 31, 2012
- Assault with a deadly French fry (The Funny Side) - Jul 06, 2012
- India, China at par in Malaysian English proficiency survey - Apr 09, 2011
- Childless Brit passengers back family-only section on planes - Aug 30, 2010
- Learning a new language changes your perspective - Mar 16, 2011
- South African Tourism woos India's high income segment - Jun 20, 2012
- Russian bikers held in Iraq for spying - May 24, 2012
- German deported, anti-Kudankulam activist cries foul (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- 70 percent Russians never left ex-Soviet Union - Apr 06, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh bags best tourism award - Feb 29, 2012
- Scandinavian master of suspense finds inspiration from India (With Image) - May 17, 2011
- Goa modifies poll code to allow booze, food till late night - May 01, 2012
- Finns dig into malai kofta and masala chicken - Apr 03, 2011
- Medvedev doesn't mind abusive comments on Twitter - May 13, 2011
- Kerala chosen best tourism destination second year running - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: australians, brits, disorderly behavior, five points, germans, learning a foreign language, local food, london, major travel, recent poll, respondents, russians, scandinavians, search website, skyscanner, survey reveals that, tourists, travel search