Six Flags Discovery Kingdom roller coaster left strandedJuly 31st, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
California, July 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A new roller coaster at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom got stuck and trapped riders for almost 2 hours on Sunday when it stalled 150 feet above the ground.
The roller coaster which was installed recently at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom which is an amusement park in Northern California stopped at around 2 30 pm. Officials at the park spoke to the media and sad that they had personnel that were trained for such kinds of situations and people should therefore not be too worried.
Fire fighters and engineers were dispatched to the amusement park so that they could give those who were trapped a helping hand. The 12 riders who were trapped on the roller coaster did not feel the tension. They were helped out successfully and no one was hurt. Officials said that it was not clear what exactly caused the roller coaster to stop but they said investigations were going to be done and a conclusion on what exactly happened would be made.
The officials say that riders usually stop when they notice something wrong. The stopping is usually for safety reasons. The new rider was opened on the 30th of June. It has a speed of 62 miles per hour and it has two cars that hold six riders each.
- Rollercoaster malfunction leaves 25 hanging midair - Jan 25, 2011
- Riders Stuck In The Great American Roller Coaster Ride Rescued - Aug 11, 2009
- Experience virtual roller coaster in Delhi - Jul 29, 2010
- Startled to see Sky projected so villainously: Pooja Bedi - Nov 27, 2011
- World's smoothest roller coaster ride designed on paper - Jul 19, 2010
- Knotts Berry Farm Accident: Roller Coaster Turns Wild - Sep 19, 2009
- Roller Coaster Car Accident In Knotts Berry Farm Injures 10 - Oct 08, 2010
- 78-year-old Pennsylvanian Male, Laden With Bounciness, Rides A Roller Coaster 90 Times In A Day - Aug 17, 2010
- Orbit tower unveiled in London's Olympic park - May 12, 2012
- Ultimo's ultimate bra test checks endurance on a roller coaster - Sep 03, 2010
- 2 Females Rescued Subsequent To An Hour On A Hindered Fair Ride In Miami - Mar 31, 2010
- Militants attack Pakistan air base - Aug 16, 2012
- Big B loves Delhi winter (Movie Snippets) - Dec 16, 2011
- North Korean capital has a night life - minus the dazzle - Sep 12, 2010
- Rollercoaster rides can cause ear injury - May 01, 2010
Tags: amusement park, conclusion, fire fighters, flags discovery kingdom, helping hand, investigations, miles per hour, northern california, roller coaster, safety reasons, six flags discovery kingdom, tension, two cars