Sierra College Evacuated After Bomb ThreatApril 21st, 2009 - 6:31 pm ICT by GD
According to officials, Sierra College in Rocklin, California was evacuated following a bomb threat. Campus officials reported that a possible bomb threat and armed intruder led to the evacuation of the college campus on Monday evening but classes are slated to be resumed on the usual time on Tuesday.
Sue Micheals, public information officer at Sierra College said that someone on campus had accidentally overheard the threat and informed Greg Murphy, the community college district police chief who decided to evacuate the college as a precautionary measure. Hundreds of evening courses students were asked to leave their classes and evacuate the campus to help the police conduct their search. Micheals also said, “Incident command has been activated. Classes have been canceled. The campus has been evacuated and Rocklin Police Department is on campus.”
Sierra College Rocklin campus police said they had received a call a 5:55 pm on Monday from someone who claimed to have accidentally heard a conversation that related to bombs in the campus and armed intruders. At 11:20 pm the Sierra College Police Department aided by the Rocklin PD, Rocklin Fire, and Roseville PD finished a search of the evacuated Rocklin campus but found nothing. The campus was then reopened and classes are to resume from Tuesday. The Rocklin College Incident Command Team said, “As always, if you notice anything of a suspicious nature, notify Sierra College Police immediately at (916) 660-7120.”
According to Rocklin College campus police, they had worked in tandem with Rocklin police, Rocklin Fire and Roseville Police to ensure that the campus was secure.
Monday was the 10th anniversary of Colorado’s Columbine High School massacre.
- Bomb scare prompts US university evacuation - Sep 18, 2012
- Students evacuated after bomb threat in California school - Sep 08, 2011
- Seven die in US college shooting - Apr 03, 2012
- Ukrainian airport evacuated after bomb scare - Aug 21, 2012
- Eiffel Tower evacuated after bomb threat - Sep 29, 2010
- Paris subway station evacuated after bomb scare - Sep 27, 2010
- Bomb scare on train in Rajasthan - Sep 19, 2011
- Amsterdam airport evacuated after bomb threat - Feb 13, 2012
- Thousands evacuated from the Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars over bomb threat - Sep 15, 2010
- Indian embassy in Washington resumes work after bomb threat (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Northern Michigan University Threat Resolved - Feb 03, 2011
- Tens of thousands evacuated from the Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars over bomb threat - Sep 15, 2010
- Moscow cafe evacuated after bomb threat - Nov 14, 2010
- Wave Tech Community College put on lockdown due to a gunman on the prowl - Jan 24, 2012
- Gunman at University of Connecticut campus kills self after standoff - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: 10th anniversary, bomb threat, bombs, campus officials, campus police, college police department, columbine high school, district police, incident command, intruder, intruders, police chief, precautionary measure, public information officer, roseville police, sierra college in rocklin, sierra college in rocklin california, sierra college rocklin, sierra college rocklin campus, suspicious nature