Shooting at Atlantic City casino kills employeeMay 28th, 2009 - 3:18 pm ICT by admin
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey (BNO NEWS) — One person died after a gunman fired a shot inside the Trump Taj Mahal Casino in Atlantic City on Wednesday, officials said.
The shooting happened around 3.30 p.m. local time when a person shot a casino employee in the card and dice room, which is a non-gaming area off of the casino floor, Mary Moyer, a spokeswoman for Trump Entertainment Resorts, told BNO News. “[The] Atlantic City Police Department apprehended and arrested the assailant,” she said. No one else was injured in the incident.
The shooting victim, a 57-year-old male from Pennsylvania, was taken to Atlantic City Regional Medical Center where he later died, a spokesman for the New Jersey State Police said. He was earlier said to have only moderate injuries.
There was no evacuation after the shooting and casino operations were quickly back to normal. A grief counselor arrived at the casino on Wednesday afternoon for employee counseling. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victim and the victim’s family,” Moyer said.
The New Jersey State Police and the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement are investigating.
- Summer Is Good For Atlantic City Casinos! - May 23, 2010
- Gunman shoots two before killing himself in New Jersey (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Three die in US shopping plaza shootout (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Gunman held in Finland shooting incident - May 26, 2012
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Eight killed, one injured in Ohio shooting spree - Aug 08, 2011
- Gunman shoots five teenagers at New Orleans birthday party - Mar 13, 2011
- Deadly Denver shooting at Batman premiere kills 12 (Night Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Donald Trump Defeats Carl Icahn In A Judicial Conflict For Casinos - Apr 15, 2010
- New York gunman kills one, injures 10; shot dead (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Mass shooting at Florida restaurant leaves five dead, three hurt - Jun 07, 2010
- Gunman kills seven at California religious college - Apr 03, 2012
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- New York gunman kills one; shot dead (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Trump vs. Icahn fight heads to the US Bankruptcy court - Feb 25, 2010
Tags: assailant, atlantic city casino, atlantic city new jersey, bno, casino floor, casino operations, city police department, gaming area, gaming enforcement, grief counselor, jersey state police, new jersey state police, regional medical center, taj mahal, taj mahal casino, taj mahal casino in atlantic city, thoughts and prayers, trump taj mahal, trump taj mahal casino, wednesday afternoon